• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Rockium

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote a pretty good chunk of segment 3 part 2’s lore/backstory yesterday, along with making the somewhat-executive decision to insert paragraphs detailing the present in between them. Hopefully I’ll get the backstory part finished up by today.
  2. Rockium

Got through the lore-heavy first half of segment 3, and now onto...the other lore-heavy half of segment 3. At least something fucked up interesting happens at the end.
  3. Rockium

...and ironically, I‘ve been writing more since I got Shield than before buying it. Still on segment 3 of that rewrite, attempting to nail down a decent physical description for anthropomorphic spiders. At least I’m writing something.
  4. Rockium

...well shit, I got Shield. Unless I can somehow pseudo-speedrun the whole game within four or so days, I’m prob not gonna meet my “deadline”. Edit: While separated from my Switch, I elaborated some more on that rewrite segment, because taking it slow seems to work for emotional backstory pieces.
  5. Rockium

Being stuck on a cruise trip with almost no internet access is rather conducive for writing. Managed to finish up that problematic segment in SaS’s chapter 1 rewrite, and start on segment 3. I’m aiming to write as much as possible of the third segment before the trip ends tomorrow, and hopefully...
  6. Rockium

Wrote something in SaS’s chapter 1 rewrite today, which is good since I’m probably not gonna get much writing done after I get Shield (either today or after the cruise).
  7. Rockium

Went completely off topic in terms or writing for the past two days. Practiced angst, horror and bootleg humor yesterday using writing prompts, and used today’s writing prompt to sorta experiment with the beginning of a later story arc in Silk and Stars, specifically the Triple Deluxe arc. On...
  8. Rockium

Got myself to...the beginning of segment 2’s dream sequence before I began overthinking how I wanted to have said sequence play out, and did some headcanoning. Never thought I’d say this but...well, curse you, Kirby. Tomorrow, I‘ll hopefully be able to sort this issue out, and if not, just...
  9. Rockium

Haven’t found anything to continue Silk and Stars chapter 4 yet, so I’ve been rewriting chapter 1 today and yesterday in an attempt to deviate more from the source fanfic’s/episode 1 of KRBAY’s dialogue, since someone else mentioned that blatant copying is a big no-no. Ended up starting things...
  10. Rockium

Mood was absurdly screwed over yesterday, having a flu and a constant near-feverish temperature probably made matters worse... I’m aiming to at least finish up segment 1 of chapter 4 today, and hopefully work on that fight scene.
  11. Rockium

Still stuck on segment 1 of SaS chapter 4, though I did manage to further the plot twist I mentioned yesterday. I’ve found a way to end segment 1, though before that I’m kinda stuck on whether to have the second character be surprised at the main’s ability to heal or not. In other news, I’ve...
  12. Rockium

Finished about one paragraph of SaS yesterday, and wrote some one-liner outlines for the rest of the chapter. Personally, I’m somewhat discontent with that paragraph since it (in my eyes) drops the ball for the surprise factor, so maybe I’ll push its contents to slightly later and elaborate a...
  13. Rockium

Wrote another version of the starting scene, which I find to be a bit more angsty and fitting than the other one. I’m kinda thinking of making a version 3 from the second character’s perspective, maybe.
  14. Rockium

I wrote a really long side drabble in an attempt to sorta find out how I actually want the events of SaS chapter 4 to roll out. So far I have a vague fight scene, but not many clues to help me out with, y’know, actually starting the damn thing.
  15. Rockium

Had absolutely no clue how to start SaS chapter 4, so I wrote a few short paragraphs on irony, picking up from chapter 3’s cliffhanger.
  16. Rockium

Got back to writing SaS chapter 3 yesterday, and somehow managed to finish it a few hours ago. Probably gonna chill for the rest of today until I randomly decide to start on SaS chapter 4.
  17. Rockium

Started out Real Cephalopod Hours (finally decided a chapter title this time before finishing) with a few-hundred word dream scene yesterday, now to actually progress on after that.
  18. Rockium

Made some minor text changes for the final draft, and published Silk and Stars. Also wrote a bit of chapter 3 in a notebook during some free time.
  19. Rockium

Finished almost two segments of a chapter for Silk and Stars yesterday, I wrote too much to bother counting the words. Finished up the previous segment I hadn’t completed yesterday, and now I’m writing the last segment of that chapter, hopefully I don’t take too long to do so. If I do finish...
  20. Rockium

So I ended up writing what I now consider to be my favorite fanfic summary yesterday. I’m currently planning to edit whatever I’ve written for the next chapter and writing some more for today.