• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

Search results

1. Steel_Justice

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Kommo-O should have learned Close Combat. Sky Uppercut is too weak for its accuracy and Brick Break is too weak period. Silvally should have learned more support moves in general. A jack of all trades is useful because they can use their versatility to always have an edge over their opponent...
  2. Steel_Justice

Incineroar and Hawlucha can't learn Submission or any throw based moves (seismic toss, vital throw etc) despite them being based on wrestlers. Hawlucha's even classified as the wrestling pokemon for christ's sake. At least they get body slam and flying press.
  3. Steel_Justice

Well, Slowpoke and its kin are loosely based on salamanders and as we all know fictional salamanders got to have fire spewing abilities just ask Charmander.
  4. Steel_Justice

Lucario can learn Metal Claw, Bullet Punch, Iron Tail and Zen Headbutt but not Iron Head. Similar to it not being able to learn Fire Punch this is inconsistent with the rest of its movepool. It can clearly coat its limbs with metal and its head is hard enough to use headbutt moves but somehow...
  5. Steel_Justice

I was getting at the opposite of that. If the likes of Scrafty, Blaziken, Medicham and Hawlucha can learn High Jump Kick why not Jump Kick? They clearly have the means to do it.
  6. Steel_Justice

There's a lot of Pokemon who learn Rock Slide and Stone Edge but not Smack Down. You'd think if a Pokemon can summon rocks out of thin air they can get and throw just one with decent power.
  7. Steel_Justice

The large amount of Pokemon that can learn High Jump Kick but not Jump Kick puzzles me. Those two moves are almost the same so shouldn't more Pokemon be able to learn Jump Kick?
  8. Steel_Justice

So do Butterfree, Wigglytuff, Venomoth and Magneton. Early installment weirdness at its finest Reuniclus can learn Thunder, Thunderpunch and Thunder Wave but not Thunderbolt. Gothitelle can't learn Recover or Focus Blast like many other Psychics but learns Brick Break, Low Sweep and Rock...
  9. Steel_Justice

None of the early birds (Pidgeot, Swellow etc) except Talonflame can learn Acrobatics, in-fact few pokemon based on birds do. Certainly would have given Unfezant more use in story clearing.
  10. Steel_Justice

It's amusing that Genesect can learn Flame Charge despite its big weakness to fire.
  11. Steel_Justice

I just found out recently that Beheeyem can learn Steel Wing. I sure hope its hitting the opponent with the invisible UFO it has stashed off screen because my brain will short out trying to imagine how this is even possible. Anything that isn't a Grass Type learning Bullet Seed. Grass types...
  12. Steel_Justice

Which is why I mentioned it can learn Blaze Kick. If it can make fire on its feet and not hurt itself then it should be able to do the same to its hands since it can make electricity and ice. Amaura/Aurorus can't learn Power Gem despite its Y entry talking about its crystals having special...
  13. Steel_Justice

Lucario can learn Thunder Punch, Ice Punch and Blaze Kick but not Fire Punch? Something's a bit inconsistent here. Ferroseed/thorn and Larvesta/Volcarona can't learn Attract despite having genders while Cryogonal can despite being genderless. Hawlucha can't learn Brave Bird despite being able...