• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Search results

1. prog rocker

Which kind of Pokémon is no longer popular?

Don't forget that Smash even made a big deal of Charizard, giving him a trailer along with Greninja. Nevermind that Charizard was already in Brawl, and that its moveset didn't change much between games.
  2. prog rocker

Can't blame them, considering there were nods and appearances of Charizard in the last four gens without the other two, with Gen VI and Gen VIII rubbing more salt in the wound, first by giving Charizard two forms, and then
  3. prog rocker

I think Sceptile didn't make it because they wanted to add someone that represented the then-new FireRed and LeafGreen instead of RSE (in fact, I don't even think they even considered it), while Ivysaur made it so that Pokémon Trainer could have a medium character, a big character and a small...
  4. prog rocker

At least in my case, it was due to that special forme. I have always felt that for all the complains about Charizard shilling, this was one of the times where it could have been appropriate. Sadly, they had to create a then-anime-exclusive forme just so that he could compete with Megas.
  5. prog rocker

Well, that was because Munchlax was among the first Gen IV Pokémon revealed. Once Gen IV got released the poor thing got dropped from the face of the Earth almost immediately. Same thing happened to Zorua when Gen V came.
  6. prog rocker

Seeing how the movie is more or less a 1:1 remake BUT IN CGI, I doubt it.
  7. prog rocker

Well, Mewtwo is losing popularity due to over-exposure, too.
  8. prog rocker

Yes, but I think that was due to lack of communication between the Western and Japanese fandoms. Not a lot of people here knew about GS, unlike the Japanese fans that knew that Gen II was coming since the month the anime started airing.
  9. prog rocker

I think that most of Marill popularity came from the GS pre-release period.
  10. prog rocker

I guess it was also the backlash against Fire/Fighting starters.