• Snowy finally gets an endorsement from the Champion to participate in the Gym Challenge. Watch here as he learns about Dynamaxing and chases after Hop.
  • With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Search results

1. SuperTrainStationH

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

Those stories basically mirror mythologies from just about every inhabited continent in which humans were said to have in ancient times mated or married with animals or part-animal beings, often, but not always in a period before humans were differentiated from other creatures. To take that and...
  2. SuperTrainStationH

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I wrote this, got it published in an anthology, and forgot about it for several years.
  3. SuperTrainStationH

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Got the first two pages of Episode 78 done on my fic. I guess I'm officially "on track" again. Gotta keep writing though.
  4. SuperTrainStationH

DISCUSSION: Shiny Pokemon in Fan Fiction

I just realized I've never since I first started writing fics in 2000, ever, featured a shiny Pokémon. I honestly never even considered it. I'm not too concerned about it, I mean it can possibly seem forced or gratuitous, but of the fics I've read, I've never saw a shiny Pokémon that made me...
  5. SuperTrainStationH

Okay, here's some of what I forced out today. My over-large fic that I'm still trying to finish is in screenplay format but they're some prose sections so here's a bit I finally typed down today. I probably wouldn't have written at all today if not for this thread, so, good idea OP.
  6. SuperTrainStationH

Man, this thread really puts a fire up under me, I need to get my butt jn gear and get to work on finishing my unscalably large fic from back in the day.
  7. SuperTrainStationH

On the League = Government issue... I basically had it set up in my fic that the League was a branch of the government that concerned itself with promoting Pokemon Training as a past time/'martial art", providing healthcare for Pokemon owners, cracking down on Pokemon abuse, and fighting...
  8. SuperTrainStationH

DISCUSSION: Writing Minority Characters

If we're trying to have respectful representations of non-white people, describing them visually by evoking comparisons to non-human creatures doesn't have an especially attractive history attached to it, and it pretty much coincides with the idea of white people as being the "default" human...
  9. SuperTrainStationH

DISCUSSION: Fictional Creature Collective Nouns

A "mess" of Trubbish. A "battery" of Clauncher. Sorry I cant think of any more right now.
  10. SuperTrainStationH

The Pokemon Switch Version

I still can't get over the fact that many people seemed to think that the announcement of Ultra Sun and Moon for 3DS constituted a declaration from Nintendo/Game Freak that they would keep the main series on 3DS permanently and refuse to eventually move on to Switch. There were even outraged...
  11. SuperTrainStationH

Was about to go to bed, then I saw these links. Oh well. Who needs sleep.
  12. SuperTrainStationH

Well, that might as well be, because Super Mystery Dungeon itself basically comes off to me like a fan-game made with the ripped models from Pokédex 3D Pro. Not that I didn't buy it anyway of course.
  13. SuperTrainStationH

DISCUSSION: When Ideas From Your Fic Coincidentally Show Up Later in Canon

Has anyone else ever had an experience where something you came up with in a fic later on ends up becoming featured in canon to the point where no one would ever believe YOU came up with the idea first? To start the thread off, I'll offer an example I came across. In 2009, I started an overly...
  14. SuperTrainStationH

Capitalization Rules for Pokemon? (Discussion Topic)

"coke" is considered a generic in in the UK? I ask cause I know in North America the generic form would be considered "cola". Interesting, because I remember "Coke" being used as a proper noun when spoken in dialog by a character in Philip Pullman's "The Subtle Knife", but in that same...
  15. SuperTrainStationH

Oh yeah, THAT nonsense. The last "big one" in March actually left my neighborhood with less snow after the "bilzzard" than before. And being I live on a coastal island, I was expecting to get the worst of it.
  16. SuperTrainStationH

On how ANY Type can be evil

Grass in particular is always been an obviously potential "evil" Pokemon type. All the poisonous plants out there, plants such as kudzu, flora will do ANYTHING to survive being eaten.
  17. SuperTrainStationH

I'm only loosely quoting the article I remember reading, I'm not making any endorsement of anyone.
  18. SuperTrainStationH

The movie is a rather explicit Aesop about the manipulation of media messages to deceive the public, if not a greater criticism of corporate control of the "mainstream media", with that phrase literally being uttered in the movie by the Movie Companion Character, Karl, who according to something...
  19. SuperTrainStationH

@AceTrainer14 I was so "brutal" yet I could only compile that list because I enjoy the movies enough to have watched them so many times. :p As for my favorite, I guess I'll say Zoroark, Master of Illusions. While I like all the Pokemon movies enough to at least watch them and enjoy doing so, I...
  20. SuperTrainStationH

I can reason that on November 12, 1999, when the first movie came out in the US, lots of parents who were getting roped into actually watching this stuff for the first time as they accompanied their kids to the theater would have deeply appreciated it. Though ironically, the the first two...