• Snowy arrives in Motostoke and signs up to participate in the Gym Challenge. Watch here as Snowy encounters some rather noisy individuals in a hotel lobby.

Search results

1. E

Evolution in Anime

The thread is basically how evolution is handled in anime. How it looks, when it is used etc. However, a scene from the first animated trailer of the 2019 anime got me thinking about one aspect of evolution I never really thought about before: How the Pokemon react to their evolutions. Now...
  2. E

Script Writers

This thread is for discussing the script writers of the anime both past and present. Who are your favorites? Do you notice any patterns in the episodes they write? Let me start of by saying that Junki Takegami seemed to love writing stories about familial strife. Brock in his debut, the Sabrina...
  3. E

Ikue Otani's Pikachu

In May 2006, Ikue Otani was on maternity leave. Due to this, characters from anime she worked on like One Piece had to get temporary actresses until she came back. That wasn't the case for Pikachu since had made enough recordings for them to reuse. I think that says a lot about the character...
  4. E

Pokémon Battles that used the enviroment

Most Pokemon battles in the anime take place in wide open spaces. This is not only reminiscent of the games but also a lot of other anime. However, there are times when battles take place in a more unique looking environment and the Pokemon use that to their advantage. Two examples I can think...
  5. E

No AG head writer?

I heard that during AG, there was no one credited as "series composition" or the head writer. So between the times of Takeshi Shudo quitting during Johto and Atsuhiro Tomioka taking over in DP, no one was telling these writers what to do (besides directors and producers)? That would certainly...
  6. E

Kanto Gyms, XY Style

How do you think the Kanto Gyms and their leaders would have been handled if they were done like the later gyms of BW and XY? You know what I mean. No pity badges, the gym leaders (main characters aside) will appear for more than one episode, etc.
  7. E

Sakuga

For those wondering what Sakuga is, the short answer is "great animation". For the long answer, go here and here. That or ask JacobYBM. Anyway, this thread is for talking about the best animated scenes of the Pokemon anime and the key animators who draw them. Let me begin with the first two...
  8. E

Multiple Animation Directors

I've noticed something. Starting around the halfway point of XY, there have been multiple animation directors in almost every single episode, including the upcoming 6 episodes of SM. It used to be we only get one animation director for a single episode. Now there can be as many as 3 or even 4...
  9. E

Nature of Main Pokemon Characters

Which of the natures would you assign to Pokemon owned by a main character (and Meowth)?
  10. E

Team Flare

How do do you think Team Flair will be handled in the anime? So far, it looks like a "back to basic" approach with the team being interested in money. Maybe that means they will be more prominent than other non-Rocket teams. Who knows? Maybe Jessie and James will have a Cassidy and Butch like...
  11. E

Funimation's Pokemon

I notice that ever since J. Michael Tatum voiced Tobias, a noticeable amount of Funimation voice actors have come on to do Character of the Day roles for the dub. This leads me to a fun question. If the Pokemon dub was done entirely by Funimation, who would you like see play main or...
  12. E

Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

Let's say the gym leader of a town or city is not available to fight until tomorrow and you want to stay overnight. Where do you go? I'm thinking there could be a place that offers free lodging for Pokemon Trainers. However, the offerings are very simplistic. The bed is a basic spring mattress...
  13. E

From Luck to Strategy

When did Pokemon battles stop being gag based and winning on pure luck (Pikachu, the horn!) and start to actually resemble game battles with strategy? Not to say that winning by luck doesn't still happen. An example includes Georgia's Beartic winning a battle by falling on the Joltik it was...
  14. E

Favorite Anime Potrayal of (Non-Main Character) Gym Leader

Since everyone is saying how they like that the anime is showing Elesa's supermodel side that is talked about in the game, I thought I would make this thread. What is your favorite anime potrayal of a gym leader? This isn't counting Ash's companions, so no Brock, Misty, Iris or Cilan.
  15. E

English Dubbers Who Had to Find Their Voice

Even in the best dubs, some voice actors may not immeditly know how to play their characters. They can sound a little awkward or use different kinds of voices before they get comfortable in their roles. Pokemon is no exception. How long did it take before you think the actors of 4Kids and...
  16. E

Slayers anime

Has anyone seen any of the Slayers anime? I know Central Park Media cast a lot of dubbers from Pokemon into prominent roles.
  17. E

Non-Battle/Contest Use of Pokemon Moves

If we had Pokemon, we would probably use their moves outside of battles and contests (I don't just mean field moves) and the anime writers realize this too. There is typical stuff like using Water Gun to put out a fire and Vine Whip to catch somebody. Anyone have a favorite use of a Pokemon move...
  18. E

The Positive Thread

This is basically a thread to explain why you still watch the anime despite all your complaints. For me, it is the fact that the anime staff still seem to care about the show. We have gotten pretty good animation, most of the twerps' (I just love calling them that for some reason) Unova Pokemon...
  19. E

Pokemon: the American Cartoon

Let's say that in an alternate universe, the anime is never brought over to America because of the seizure controversy. However, the games still become a big international hit. Nintendo gives an American animation studio the license to make their own television adaptation of the game. The...
  20. E

Best Movie Animation

Suppose you were making a AMV of the best animation of the Pokemon movies (including the shorts). What would you add? It doesn't even have to be limited to battles. I decided to separate TV and Movies since the quality is very different.