Search results

1. Bolt the Cat

SPOILERS: What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

All the more reason to do DLC. If they needed both teams to work on one game they should've known that even two games in one generation was too much for them.
  2. Bolt the Cat

This theory makes no sense. Nintendo doesn't really withhold pre-release copies unless they leak the games, and if the reviewers don't enjoy the game then why would they want pre-release copies of it? The reviewers don't really care whether or not the game ends up being good or bad, they just...
  3. Bolt the Cat

It's not just the post game though. It's a lot of different things ranging from the side features to the region design to the lack of new areas. Think about it, what games have we had that have had even so much as a Sevii Islands/Battle Zone esque post game section on the 3DS? When have we ever...
  4. Bolt the Cat

Even with the mentality of mobile gaming being successful, you have to figure that someone who knows the industry well enough wouldn't be foolish enough to think mobile could overtake everything. Mobile gaming attracts a different audience with a different style of gaming, and unless you have...
  5. Bolt the Cat

This. I've found the entire 3DS era of Pokemon to be mediocre and I can't list a single one of its games in my Top 3 or maybe even my Top 5. Definitely the darkest period in Pokemon history and I can't wait to close the chapter on this one. It's funny, they said that this game would be the...
  6. Bolt the Cat

This. I never claimed the game wasn't an improvement over Emerald and Platinum. I'm saying it's not much of one, I'd put it just above Emerald and Platinum but FAR below BW2. How this game fits the billing of "Ultra improved from Emerald and Platinum" is beyond me.
  7. Bolt the Cat

And even by third version standards Definitely a massive step back for the series.
  8. Bolt the Cat

I'm completely disappointed by what the datamine revealed, definitely skipping this game now.
  9. Bolt the Cat

It's called "giving the customer more bang for their buck". Throwing in more version exclusives doesn't exactly help that, it dilutes the amount of added Pokemon.
  10. Bolt the Cat

The recent comments about this game having tons of content make me a little more hopeful that this will turn out to be worthwhile, but I need more than just PR statements to really be excited for this game. WHAT makes this game twice as long as SM? HOW will this game provide more content than...
  11. Bolt the Cat

Sinnoh can wait until after the Switch, but I also would've much rather have Kanto sequels than a samey third version of SM. Kanto has infinitely more potential for expansion and exciting improvements than Alola could ever hope to.
  12. Bolt the Cat

This philosophy is becoming a huge problem, especially now that they're starting to apply it on a game wide scale. Wanting to "surprise people" is great when something is becoming stagnant and tiring, then it can help make games exciting again. But not when something is a noticeable improvement...
  13. Bolt the Cat

Yellow added significant content? Aside from having all of the starters and Jessie and James, what did it really add? Some surfing minigame most people probably never unlocked? The earlier third versions really didn't do much to differentiate themselves from the original game, aside from a...
  14. Bolt the Cat

No, but it did have extra diving spots on Rt. 129 and Rt. 130 and extra floors in Scorched Slab. Well I don't suspect they'll continue this philosophy into the Switch games. Console gaming is a completely different animal and in some ways console gamers want the complete opposite of what...
  15. Bolt the Cat

No idea how you can say this whatsoever, this game and ORAS seem to be taking the same approach, making the region 99% the same, lacking any major improvements to the region. It seems like in general they're taking a style over substance approach to region design lately, they've had a lot of...
  16. Bolt the Cat

Yeah, that region map pretty much clinches that this is a lazy, cash grabby third version. It's pretty much a copy/paste job. No new areas, no noticeable changes to the region, just the same old Alola with the same old areas. Probably just SM all over again with some bells and whistles, it's...
  17. Bolt the Cat

Not only do I feel like I would've waited for USUM if I'd have known it was coming, but I also feel tricked into not doing so. The last two generations had been moving away from third versions with BW2 being a sequel that was a completely new experience and XY not getting anything at all. So...
  18. Bolt the Cat

IDK how Game Freak did it, but they made me want USUM even less. Everything we've seen of this game so far makes it look like an afterthought, they probably just have a skeleton crew working on this game while everyone else is working on the Switch game. If I don't like what I see in that first...
  19. Bolt the Cat

Well we didn't really know what that meant then because it was the first sequel, we didn't know how Pokemon would approach the concept of a sequel. We could make guesses sure, and some of us were probably right, but we still had no confirmed information about what that revelation meant for the...
  20. Bolt the Cat

Actually BW2 gave us even less to go on when it was announced, all we had was the names and Kyurem forms, no trailer or anything. We really didn't understand what BW2 was until that big news dump in April.