Search results

1. CynthiaLover

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

You'd think that Bulbapedia would have that data confirmed by now, since Gen 4 was ages ago. I guess the only way to fully know is to actually buy some Poke Balls at that shop during the time TR is there and see. Like I said, the wiki's data is confusing at best, so it could be possible, but...
  2. CynthiaLover

If what Bulbapedia says about the Premier Ball acquisition methods is true, and if I'm understanding it right, you can't get Premier Balls from Mahogany Town, period, regardless of story elements, as it's not considered a "real" PokeMart. From what the wiki says, Premier Balls can only be...
  3. CynthiaLover

The Move Relearner is in Fallarbor Town, just to the left of the Contest Hall (look for a fat NPC). Like most cases, you need a Heart Scale as payment. The Move Deleter is in Lillycove City, to the right of the Department Store.
  4. CynthiaLover

Nope. Just your friendly neighborhood RNG doing what it does best. There isn't a way to "attract", so to speak, a specific gender when hunting for certain Mons. It all boils down to luck. Considering both have a 50/50 ratio, your situation is a little odd. But, you're just going to have to be...
  5. CynthiaLover

For starters... this is in the wrong thread. You want the Gen 1-6 Simple Questions/Answers thread, not Gen 7. But, in any case, I'll answer it for you. There is a much easier way to get a Water Stone in Alpha Sapphire instead of grinding. It will require you to have Surf and have reached...
  6. CynthiaLover

Got a quick question regarding something I heard recently. I happened to chance upon a Youtube video that mentioned something called "Swap Breeding". Now, given this is Youtube, I'm a bit leery right off the bat, but it did sound interesting. My question is: is it a real thing, and if so, does...
  7. CynthiaLover

No, there are no penalties for such a thing. Only obedience when it comes to traded Mons. In general, speed determines everything, from turn order to fleeing, so the fact that Gengar is faster than Butterfree but is unable to get a Mean Look fired off in time is strange, as Mean Look isn't a...
  8. CynthiaLover

I've got a question regarding the Poke Transporter and Bank. I'm currently mass transporting a living dex out of an old, unused Black version, but it's tiresome to keep moving all the Mons to Box 1 in-game. I'm up to the sinnoh Mons at this point, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. This...
  9. CynthiaLover

No, sorry, but there are no main game features that provide such things. There are no trainer rematches of any kind, and any battle facility is mostly BP related stuff, like Battle Royal and the like. While Poke Palago has the training island (which you need to build), it's mostly EV related...
  10. CynthiaLover

Got a quick question regarding a certain Mon, though I'm not 100% sure if I'm in the right thread. I received a Growlithe via WT. It was obviously a breed-ject, as it's nature wasn't great and it had 4 perfect IVs, but it did have Close Combat as an Egg Move. Since the news is talking about a...
  11. CynthiaLover

Hey, I've got a quick question to ask. In regards to both Gens IV and V, if you had one Mon hold a Lucky Egg and another hold an EXP Share, would the Mon holding the EXP Share also gain extra EXP via the Lucky Egg holder? Or will it only gain half of the original amount? Just wanted to know, as...
  12. CynthiaLover

Furret is a very good HM user. It can learn Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength. Raising up a Sentret is a bit of a pain, especially with the level curve issue, but once it evolves, it becomes a good HM user.
  13. CynthiaLover

Hi, quick question. I received a WT earlier today and the Mon was holding something unusual. It was holding a Relic Gold, something that I haven't seen since Gen V. And it appears to be a "valuable item" judging by the description. Does that mean Relic Gold is obtainable somehow? Does that mean...
  14. CynthiaLover

Thank you, that's very helpful. I didn't have to worry about Jasmine, as I had a Typhlosion as well (who utterly steamrolled her, which is a shame because she's such a sweet Gym Leader, and the only female Johto Gym Leader who doesn't have a temper tantrum when she loses), so I could afford to...
  15. CynthiaLover

Hi, quick question. I'm continuing my SoulSilver run (as I misplaced my UltraSun while cleaning up my apartment, though I've also been very happily distracted with my shiny new Dragon Quest XI game) and I wanted to ask something regarding a certain Mon. When would be the "best" time to evolve a...
  16. CynthiaLover

If you're talking about BW, then you trade both Shards AND the Big Nugget at Icarus City's Pokemon Center, with the gentleman near the counter. He's an item maniac, so he'll give you double the money for what you can sell them for at regular Marts (and in the Big Nugget's case, the only place...
  17. CynthiaLover

To answer these in order: 1) Yes, friendship is still part of these games. Some Mons, like Swadloon, can only evolve via friendship, so it is still a requirement in some cases. And the plot tends to point out the PC's friendship with both the rivals and his/her Mons. So, yes, friendship is still...
  18. CynthiaLover

They both learn those respective moves naturally, so just level them up for a while and the option to learn those moves will arise soon enough.
  19. CynthiaLover

Yes, it will. Ever since Gen VI, breeding mechanics have changed. Now both the male and female can pass down any and all compatible moves to the offspring. So combos that were "illegal" in the past (like say Ludicolo with both Razor Leaf and Water Gun in Gen III) are now perfectly possible. So...
  20. CynthiaLover

Hi, quick question. I just started another playthrough of Alpha Sapphire and I'm trying different things this time around (bar some of my preferred staples). I ended up accidentally obtaining a very powerful Lotad via the DexNav (Lv13, 2 star potential, Counter egg move, and all three of those...