Search results

1. Pulsaro23

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

I really love some of the obscure easter eggs and continuity nods shown here. Like, yeah, we obviously have besides the badges from the previous regions, the Battle Frontier symbols and his recent Alola League trophies. But they also showed the Indigo League badge (which, funny enough, this is...
  2. Pulsaro23

That's not how sequels work. A sequel (which is what every new series has been in relation to the previous one) will naturally make references to events that happened in the previous instalment(s). Having characters mention past events or having characters from the previous series appear isn't...
  3. Pulsaro23

I think you're giving kids way too little credit. Like, for me personally, the first series I got to watch was Diamond & Pearl, back when I was 6, which had a good amount of call-backs and references to past series (not to mention past characters, like Aipom, Brock, May and all of Ash's reserves...
  4. Pulsaro23

God, no. I was talking about MangaKamen.
  5. Pulsaro23

I... you... what the... I... I really can't understand you. You are a very baffling individual and I can't understand how one could believe this kind of nonsense. As someone who actually watched MLP (as well as someone who follows a YouTuber who was a fan of MLP), I can tell you that the...
  6. Pulsaro23

I'm well aware that there's more than one type of fanservice, but, form my experience, there's only two I've heard of. The first one is when you pander to your fanbase by having something happen in a show that fans would probably love, while the second one is the more PG-18, "eyecandy" type of...
  7. Pulsaro23

Where the hell is this fanservice that you people keep talking about? I don't remember ever seeing any kind of fanservice regarding the female companions. The closest thing I can think of is Serena and, even then, I'm not sure her moments would even classify as fanservice. So, unless we're using...
  8. Pulsaro23

The Masamitsu Hidaka interview? From the guy who hasn't been in charge of the anime since the Advanced Generations series ended? Who apparently said that in a joking manner? Yeah, that's very credible and clearly applies to all of the other series that he hasn't worked on :rolleyes:. Besides...
  9. Pulsaro23

Since when were any of the past female companions "fanservice-driven girls"? I'm really starting to think that you either have no idea what the words you're using even mean or that you just hate the girls companions for whatever reason and are trying to justify it by labelling these negative...
  10. Pulsaro23

Well, here's hoping that maybe Ash will get a Sirfetch'd. Though it might also go to Gou, since he wants to capture one of each Pokémon, but considering how much of a battler it's supposed to be, it should be Ash's (for obvious reasons). Yeah, but we've also had stuff like Professor Sakuragi...
  11. Pulsaro23

Okay, then, back to the main subject. So what do you think tomorrow's supposed "important announcement regarding the new anime series" is gonna be about? Some actual new information or just a recap of the trailer we got yesterday?
  12. Pulsaro23

How dare you?! Grookey's final evolution is the most wonderful thing ever conceived and should be owned by a main characters, just so it would always grace us with its amazing looks and receive the proper attention that it deserves.
  13. Pulsaro23

That was actually my first thought, since it has the yellow lights coming out of the cracks made by it that I don't remember ever being used for Earthquake, but I do remember being used for Earth Power. Would be cool to see more of that move, since both it and Bulldoze would be great substitutes...
  14. Pulsaro23

Okay, so I just saw the trailer and all I have to say is... OH MY ARCEUS, YES! SO MUCH YES!!!!! The backgrounds look gorgeous and breathtaking! The designs, for the most part, are wonderful (finally, Pikachu and Meowth look normal again)! And the animation... my Arceus that animation! Words...
  15. Pulsaro23

I really can't wait for the new series to start airing, just so it would put this discussion to rest once and for all.
  16. Pulsaro23

Well, at least with Sword and Shield, it somewhat makes sense why they're not revealing that much, considering the reactions to Sun and Moon's overabundant marketing. But I really don't understand why they're being so secretive with the anime. It's not like a trailer could spoil important stuff...
  17. Pulsaro23

So all that we've gotten from yesterday's announcement is that Team Rocket's back? What?! I don't believe it! What a shocking and totally unexpected surprise! I never would've guessed! In all seriousness, I'm starting to get tired of this type of advertising. We're about three weeks away from...
  18. Pulsaro23

So not completely copying pre-existing gym, their themes, their types and the way they are structured and distributed through the region is a sign of laziness? That's some bizarre logic you got there, buddy.
  19. Pulsaro23

That's... not entirely true. Dynamaxing also happens in the Wild Area (in those Max Raid spots) and, if I remember correctly, GF stated (either in the Pokémon Direct that revealed it or somewhere else) that the Gym Stadiums happen to have been built in places that make Dynamaxing possible, so...
  20. Pulsaro23

Except Oak has a new voice actor who replaced the late Ishizuka (and, as far as I'm aware, the new guy hasn't passed away), so that can't be the reason they made a new anime-original Professor.