Search results

1. R

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I generally agree with you on the High School fanfics, although there was one I read years ago called Reasons of the Heart by Virgo Writer, and I really liked that one. It keeps in with the anime canon, therefore no 'alternate universe' rubbish, and it just seems like a much better writing...
  2. R

Well to be fair, the thread hasn't been posted in for over 2 weeks, so maybe AceTrainerGaming was just trying to keep the conversation going. Just checking, is Pokeshipping day the 7th of November? I forgot which day it was last year so I thought I'd better check ahead of time this year.
  3. R

Very true, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't a fan of Ash's new eyes. It can also mean obsessed, which is what I was trying to get across in the post, but I guess I could have been clearer in what I meant. That's what I get for trying to use long words, haha
  4. R

I suppose that's the main reason why some people disregard Pokéshipping. I think the person would just have to be persuaded to believe that Ash is too young at the moment to realise his feelings for himself, but given the interventions from other characters (such as Rudy at the end of Misty...
  5. R

I don't think I've ever seen that clip before. What episode is it from? Here's a topic that sprang to mind the other day: Which 3 episodes would you use to promote Pokéshipping to someone who has never seen the Original Series?
  6. R

You'd be surprised; some topics are ignored completely and others are often answered by only one or two people. I'd say yours had a pretty decent set of answers. As for the new topic, the song "Wonderful Life" by Alter Bridge captures Ash's feelings for Misty perfectly (if you imagine it...
  7. R

Welcome to the thread! I can see why some people view love/hate relationships like Pokeshipping as volatile or unstable, but I think you can tell in certain Original Series episodes (maybe even every episode to a certain extent) how much Ash and Misty care about each other, especially Misty...
  8. R

Welcome, Yoshi-Kun! I have another trailer-related question for everyone. Below is the japanese trailer for Pokemon 2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-k6BoH9h2U I know it's a horrendous quality, but if you pause the video at about 10 or 11 seconds in, you can see that Misty is in...
  9. R

1) The woman with the blue hair was obviously meant to be in the original movie, and must have just been re-written into the new First Movie's plot. I don't think she's supposed to be an older version of herself from the First Movie - especially since the Myutsuu no Gyakushuu movie wasn't even...
  10. R

I have a question I'd like to ask all of you: If you all remember this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI ...would you have been happy if this actually happened? Apparently Satoshi Tajiri originally wanted the main characters to age and their journey be rounded off so that...
  11. R

I'm sure that most Pokémon fans aged 18 and over would consider the "Ash and Misty like each other" thing in the Original Series to be a given - especially since it was more-or-less treated as a subplot in the Orange Islands series, when the writers didn't have any new games or anything to...
  12. R

That's a very interesting take on the matter. Unfortunately it does seem to leave us with that unavoidable ultimatum: Let Pokéshipping become canon or let the Pokémon franchise carry on indefinitely. I'm sure even some of the most militant Advance or Pearlshippers would agree that Ash and...
  13. R

Yeah, when you think about, those lyrics are perfect, though strangely I've never made the connection before now. And might I say, your music taste is amazing.
  14. R

Well this thread is for people who do think Pokeshipping is good, so not to be rude or anything but why did you come here?
  15. R

It's pretty much universally agreed (even by most anti-Pokeshippers) that Misty has feelings for Ash, although just because he's destined to be 10 forever and can't possibly actually love Misty at this point, it doesn't mean he can't have a slight infatuation with her that could develop into...
  16. R

What flashbacks (in relation to Pokeshipping) would you like to see and what would you like Ash's reaction in BW to them to be? As Likeitornot said, it would be nice to see Ash be reminded of his arguments with Misty such as in Ash Catches a Pokemon and Electric Shock Showdown, but when I saw...
  17. R

Hello again, everyone! It feels like I've been away for ages (although in my gruelling final year of A levels, I guess it can't be helped). So there was a flashback featuring Misty in BW116? I suppose in Pokeshipping's current state, we couldn't really have asked for much, but in my opinion a...
  18. R

Hello again, Just here to say that I'm probably not going to be very active here for the next few weeks, so I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I hope that in 2013 we can all continue to support Pokéshipping with as enthusiasm as we always have done (and...
  19. R

First of all, welcome to the thread! To answer the question, I'm not overly sure whether it'll happen or not, although admittedly I'm leaning towards the 'not happening' side slightly at the moment purely because of how long Misty has been absent from the anime, and how quickly the writers...
  20. R

Indeed I do - in fact, I've had it as my signature for quite a while, haha :) And yeah, that song does fit your description pretty well. I also found a song a while ago that is quite relevant to Pokéshipping. Although the song is actually about the death of a loved one, the lyrics can also...