• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Search results

1. Islander Princess

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Ugh, lame. I feel like Disney XD is starting to slack on the dub the way CN did before they got rid of it. First the movie, now this. As someone who watches and enjoys the dub, it's really disappointing. I too really enjoy learning dub names and getting to compare voices, so I get really...
  2. Islander Princess

Gotta side with everyone here who's said the episodic comment isn't really that big of a deal. Most of the arcs within the anime, when they have them, do tend to be relatively short (there are a couple of exceptions, mainly leagues) so I don't think it's going to be too jarring or different or...
  3. Islander Princess

Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with the dub. They definitely do some things I don't like (Team Rocket's alliteration instantly comes to mind...they're definitely more tolerable in the Japanese episodes) but other things that a lot of people dislike such as the dub music really doesn't...
  4. Islander Princess

The region hopping doesn't seem to have much order to it. I already feel whiplash and the show hasn't even started yet. I do find it interesting they're skipping around announcing episodes. Maybe they're hiding something, like during the Alola League? All I know is if the Piplup and Crogunk in...
  5. Islander Princess

I was kind of automatically assuming they were going to Galar first, so nice to see that's actually the case. It's definitely the right choice with the games coming out next week. I'll be excited to see it represented in the anime!
  6. Islander Princess

Yeah, we get it. You post this like once a day. Do you have a specific reason why, by any chance? Kind of a bold statement to make repeatedly when, again, we don't really know which direction the series is going in and have no concrete evidence against or in support of the continuity argument...
  7. Islander Princess

Honestly, this is what's bothering me the most. I know it's not guaranteed that old characters will appear. But, especially after seeing the episode today, if Ash and Gou go to Alola and don't bother to see anyone, then that's going to annoy me. I can understand other regions a little better...
  8. Islander Princess

I wanted the return of former companions and Pokemon way before today, but my goodness after that SM finale, I need it. So much for not getting my hopes up over something that might never happen... I didn't realize young Ash was in those screenshots as well. I really appreciate that they're...
  9. Islander Princess

Interesting looking at the photos from the magazine. I see one shot of Gou with Professor Oak and a bunch of other kids, and he looks younger. The return of Professor Oak's summer camp, perhaps? You can also see the two professors working together in one of the pictures on the lefthand page. So...
  10. Islander Princess

I was also shocked to see the trailer this morning; wasn't expecting that at all. At this point, I was fully prepared to have to wait until the special on the 10th. But I did get serious movie vibes from watching that trailer! The animation looks fantastic. And I was delighted to see Ash pull...
  11. Islander Princess

Lol. Yeah, anything's possible at this point. Because we still know the bare minimum. Let's be fair: there's a greater possibility of older characters returning in this series because it takes place in all different regions. Does that mean it's guaranteed? No, but I don't see anyone suggesting...
  12. Islander Princess

I can always count on coming in here every Sunday afternoon to some totally unfounded negativity. Anyway, at this point, I was expecting them to hold out until much closer to the series' premiere. If they really wanted to show a trailer or more information, they would've done so already. It's...
  13. Islander Princess

Man I sure hope so! I've said it before, but I really think that if this show can find a way to appeal to both old and new fans, they'd really be hitting a home run. I'm not against new regions, new characters, or new Pokemon (I love them, in fact) but I've never understood why they don't...
  14. Islander Princess

Considering these are my favorite TR outfits of all time, this latest development makes me very happy. Personally, I'm expecting something on Sunday. They've been pretty consistently revealing stuff the past couple of weeks. I actually didn't realize the professor and Koharu came from an...
  15. Islander Princess

I would just like to say I read this wrong at first and was under the impression Ash just went back to Pallet Town without telling anyone in Alola...I was like "wow, that's very rude of him" :confused: This does have me wondering if there's a direct connection to the new series in that last...
  16. Islander Princess

Yeah, sorry, there's nothing remotely XY about the art style. People are still just seeing what they want to see. When I first saw the TR artwork, I thought it was just their SM ones used over again. Then I looked more closely and saw that a few little tweaks had been made. I think they look...
  17. Islander Princess

Was that what they showed last week? It's upload date was today and I definitely haven't seen it before now, so regardless, I appreciate it being shared! Either way, I also won't be surprised if we don't get anything new tomorrow due to the lack of a leak this week. I suppose there could still...
  18. Islander Princess

It looked like there might have been a couple of new artworks in there for the professor, Koharu, and Yamper (I didn't recognize them at least, like the one where Yamper's eyes are closed), but other than that it seems to be everything we've already seen. I hope that's not what they're showing...
  19. Islander Princess

It's looking like there might be no leaks this week (unless one suddenly appears tomorrow). In that case, maybe we'll finally be getting a trailer on Sunday? Or just more zoom ins on the poster lol.
  20. Islander Princess

Oh no, absolutely! I was much younger when DP first aired and this is actually my first time rewatching the series; I have a much greater appreciation now for the rivals and other recurring characters in the series. Those were strong points in both AG and DP, and then it just fell off the wheels...