• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Search results

1. sc190191

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Well if there is no girl in the main cast I don't think I will watch this series....but I highly doubt its just these two anyway, better wait until Sunday before I get too upset
  2. sc190191

I can't even come close to keeping up in this thread anymore, so hopefully I'm not repeating too much other people said, but I was really excited when we saw Pokemon camp in the trailer for the new games. Of course, the anime is super up in the air right now, but if things stay status quo, it...
  3. sc190191

Well if you have the same companions for all 8 regions, they are going to be more tote bags than ever before. If you thought Brock wasn't necessary in Sinnoh, lets have 2 people that just follow this guy around through 8 regions well he gets badges, what are they going to be doing? Where would...
  4. sc190191

I just don't get how this would be endearing. If they try to rush 8 regions into 3 years they are going to be missing huge parts of character development of both Pokemon, AU Ash, and any companions, which will make the characters far, far less endearing to the audience. Not to mention the less...
  5. sc190191

Another issue with shuffling through 8 regions would be the group dynamic. At least for me, the group dynamic of a 3+ year group is a huge deal, some of the dynamics that develop over a long period of time are an integral part of the show. If they showcase spurts of 8 journeys, or even showcase...
  6. sc190191

What annoying bait, I think they really want their fans to be up in arms because I guess bad attention is better than no attention at all? I really can't understand what using an AU Ash would do for them. They make adjustments to Ash as it is, but if they used an AU Ash then we have next to no...
  7. sc190191

I have no idea, I just think it looks awful and I am worried about it, and since I am under the impression SM's art style change was for saving money, that is where some of the concern comes from.
  8. sc190191

So just wondering, since the tweet people showed on this thread was in Spanish, does anyone have the translation of the original Japanese text of the tweet? I still have this horrible concern (although I don't believe its actually likely) that they will use CG for the series to save money, but...
  9. sc190191

Late to the new info, but I hope this Marnie becomes a serious rival to Ash throughout the entire series. I've always really wanted Ash to have a main rival be a girl. I hope they aren't super friendly and that she is competent (unlike Bianca)/hopefully as good as or better than Ash. It would be...
  10. sc190191

Is it too much to hope that dynamax is treated more like mega was in XY and not hardly used at all by main characters instead of the Z move barrage of SM?
  11. sc190191

Wow my heart almost stopped when I saw that poster, the art style is so phenomenal. I would give anything to have a female lead again and I actually really like the design of the SwS protag. I don't understand why people think she is boring, is it because her hair is a color that exists in the...
  12. sc190191

I'm thinking today's devastating news might impact the series a bit. Since late BW the Pokemon that show up in the series have been fairly restriction free (not to say the regional dex isn't the main focus, but that we could get random appearances from just about any Pokemon), but with the new...
  13. sc190191

I think you're right that it won't happen, but I feel like Mudkip got less screen time/development than Cacnea, Seviper, or Dustox. I would really find it interesting if they got a starter finally.
  14. sc190191

Here's the pattern that really matters (To me at least): Scene 1 of the entire series focuses on new female companion, said companion gets a concrete goal and goal gets a reasonable amount of focus. Companion inches closes to actually being protagonist and makes for a more balanced series...
  15. sc190191

Wow so excited about this region!!! I do imagine traveling will return, and that makes me ecstatic. Just seeing that soccer stadium I think it would be really cool if Ash's female traveling companion's goal is sports-related (of course somehow including Pokemon too - but I'm sure the game has...