• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Search results

1. JFrombaugh

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

All I have to say to an NPC in the Pokémon Centers who will relearn moves at no cost... Yes, yes, YES!!! One of the worst things about the Gen VII games was that you could not relearn any moves until the Pokémon League. (I'm looking at you, Alolan Marowak & Shadow Bone)
  2. JFrombaugh

Well if that’s the case then I’m either picking Sobble for my starter, or catching a Gigantamax Lapras (mentioned in the Ben Affleck leak) for my ingame team. I was really looking forward to facing Leon’s Charizard with a Gigantamax Blastoise (my personal favorite Kanto starter).
  3. JFrombaugh

As nice as it is that Let’s Go players are getting a freebie Pikachu & Eevee that can Gigantamax, I just don’t see either one being that viable among Gigantamax forms. The paralysis move sounds good but the Eevee’s G-max infatuation is just too situational. And ugh, please tell me Charizard is...
  4. JFrombaugh

So next trailer drops tomorrow. Now to prepare for a 30 second reveal of the middle stage starter evos that contains absolutely nothing else. :LOL: In all seriousness though, I hope they reveal something else that is unexpected, like another new feature, or maybe some more stuff that the Rotom...
  5. JFrombaugh

Yep, out of all of those I definitely identify with Sobble the most. But “this is the first time the starters have had distinct personalities”? Really? What about Gen VII’s starters?
  6. JFrombaugh

I'm thinking they're going to say Sobble is for the misunderstood, quiet type of Trainer who nevertheless cares deeply about their Pokémon, and who can get it to warm up to them. EDIT: So Galarian Ponyta is the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. So I guess that's another point in favor...
  7. JFrombaugh

So the person who chooses Grookey would likely be somebody who likes to party a lot... And someone who chooses Scorbunny would probably have to be very athletic in order to able to keep up with it. Guess I’m going to be choosing Sobble then, because I’m certainly not either one of those things...
  8. JFrombaugh

The new camera feature looks interesting. But for me the biggest revelation is that the AEIGISLASH line will in fact be in SwSh. I’m going to have to update my planned in game team now... And BTW is anybody else getting really tired of seeing the Sword & Shield logo in the daily news on...
  9. JFrombaugh

Well what do you know. All that hype for a regional variant that’s exclusive to Sword. I haven’t decided which version I am going to play just yet but I’m leaning Shield atm because I like Allister and I get the feeling 90% of people will be going Sword...so in a way this trailer might as well...
  10. JFrombaugh

I’m not really setting my expectations too high, but I’ll still be pretty pissed if they only reveal the glitched out Pokemon and nothing else tomorrow. I think we are getting into that area of the run up where we can reasonably expect to see the middle starter evolutions. And I’m hoping for an...
  11. JFrombaugh

I meant that we will see actual boutiques, and not just get a scaled down version of the system with a handful of outfits, like we did in LGPE.
  12. JFrombaugh

Well, it’s interesting that they’re just now quietly confirming that yes, boutiques and Trainer Customization are returning in these games, and that you can take a train between towns, as was originally speculated. So far they seem to really be focusing on Dynamax and the Stadiums with these...
  13. JFrombaugh

Comments -So the leak continues to be pretty much spot on. I anticipate from this point on we’ll see a slow trickle of short teasers (new Pokémon, Galarian Forms, Gym Leaders) like we did with SM, now that the cat’s out of the bag with Galarian forms. -Speakig of which, I like that regional...
  14. JFrombaugh

This is something I feel GF has been doing much more blatantly in recent Gens. As a West Coaster with a Type B personality myself, I didn't really enjoy seeing NYC that much compared to New England, and I could definitely tell the Unova region was kind of meant to be a parody of Manhattan...
  15. JFrombaugh

I'm thinking GF will do what they did for the Gen VII games and from here on we'll see a slow trickle of teaser videos leaking info on new Pokémon, Gym Leaders, planned new features, and the like just whenever they feel like making those kinds of announcements.