• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Search results

1. Esserise

SPOILERS Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

They're not allowed to say. A couple of reviews have mentioned that there were new Pokémon on the early routes but they weren't permitted to talk about them.
  2. Esserise

Nitpicking here but LGPE confirmed it was Lt. Surge's. If you interact with it in USUM, it explicitly says it's the autograph of a Gym Leader in Kanto and that it reads, "Good Luck!" In LGPE, after you beat Surge, he gives you an item that looks exactly it, and the item description for it says...
  3. Esserise

May need to define "tutorials" here, because that's not exactly the sense that IGN gave:
  4. Esserise

@TheElderKing According to IGN, watts are a currency used in the Wild Area for purchasing tents, items, and curry ingredients and such. So kind of like Diamond & Pearl's spheres in the Underground. They also mention something noteworthy about Max Raid Battles - as long as one person...
  5. Esserise

I don't feel like early reviews ever give us anything in the way of like, new Pokémon. To my memory, they're more about what the gameplay is like. That's probably what we should expect.
  6. Esserise

Gigas: Charizard Alcremie Butterfree Pikachu Meowth Drednaw Corviknight Eevee
  7. Esserise

Sure, and I agree with that bit - I do think they should tell us a bit more about the version-exclusive material. What I was trying to imply was just that any dissatisfaction one might have with their promotional approach doesn't really mean much if you have already decided that you're going to...
  8. Esserise

That's all they really needed to hear
  9. Esserise

Obviously nobody is infallible or impervious to miscalculation, but at the same time, I'm sure that GF/TPC have access to far more useful data and information than we do when it comes to making marketing decisions, and it's not as if they're amateurs.
  10. Esserise

I've spent my whole life fading into the background and happily avoiding social situations. Sobble is my guy. Edit: Man these games are only 37 days away holy smoke
  11. Esserise

I mean I'm not even super-committed to what I just said; I don't think it's really a big deal to them either way to be honest. :P But Yamper has actually been shown off a fair bit since its initial reveal, mostly in Camp-related stuff, which I would imagine would be something they had planned...
  12. Esserise

On the other hand, if we already know it exists and what its type is, one could argue that there's not much point in giving it a formal reveal since it's already pretty much out there. Unless it's hiding something big, all that would be left to show are its ability (inb4 Prankster) and possible...
  13. Esserise

Got Scorbunny from that screenshot thing, which isn't what I'm planning on going with although I have warmed up to it as a design upon seeing it move in-game and seeing it in the cute feature artworks they've put out. I've always decided my first Starter from just looking at the base stage, and...
  14. Esserise

I mean, for my own part I don't have a problem with the way it is now; I've never sympathized with those Leafeon/Glaceon requests and I think we'd have to be going at a much faster rate than one new region/wave of Pokémon every three or so years for things like regional evolutions to accumulate...
  15. Esserise

I'm just saying that depending on who you ask, we could already be past the point of critical mass. The current situation may not be confusing and unmanageable for you or me or Oriden, but to other people, piling various regional evolutions or whatever on top of what we already have isn't going...
  16. Esserise

I mean... depending on whose standards, is it not already? Aside from that, the thing is, I don't think they actually expect most people to have the entire franchise and all its cavernous nuances memorized. That's why they've been so nervous about the growing amount of Pokémon, in part because...
  17. Esserise

Theoretically, slicing up the Dex should mean that there's less to keep track of. And I don't think a regional evolution is really that much more confusing than "In this region, Thunder Stones still make Pikachu evolve, except they make them evolve into chubby Psychic-type surfers instead of...
  18. Esserise

They didn't for Gen 7. Those final forms were revealed at the tail end of October. The Gen 6 final forms were included in Corocoro, but I don't remember if that officially went out before or after the games. It was very close, though. Edit: Checked, and the issue was slated for release on the...