Search results

1. sc190191

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Last I checked, Sunday night was just as much school night as Thursday night. Much more importantly, however, we live in an era where children are not tied to television schedules more than any time since the dawn of the TV. Most children are very tech savvy these days, and have access to DVR...
  2. sc190191

I don't really agree that old series were episodic (other than SM), but I do feel you could watch the vast majority of episodes while missing some others and enjoy them a lot, you just wouldn't enjoy them quite as much as if you had seen everything in order. Many episodes just had little bits...
  3. sc190191

New researcher seems to be a copy of Molayne, since they seem to be lacking in creativity these days, they may as well just start using old characters, but I'm not holding my breath. I just can't wait until we actually start seeing stuff so we can stop arguing. I'm most excited about Pikachu's...
  4. sc190191

First of all, I'm amazed by your ability to stay optimistic (as well as your ability to moderate this nonsense thread). This reminds me of our conversation at the beginning of SM, where you said it made next to no sense for the school setting to remain for the entire series (I agree it made next...
  5. sc190191

I think a lot of you are underestimating the ability for them to just totally ignore stuff that they shouldn't. Just because it isn't a reboot doesn't mean they aren't going to ignore important characters from the past. The fact that they stress Satoshi is 10 again makes me think they aren't...
  6. sc190191

But probably less training than the Latios Pikachu had tied with just a few "days" before. Snivy was only the most exaggerated example, but there are tons of examples of Pikachu's defense/stamina varying wildly. Pikachu had just tanked a bunch of crazy powerful moves from a legendary Latios, so...
  7. sc190191

No I mean I want it to be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu, and not just a random Pichu. Since I'm super hyped about the potential of a backstory for Ash's Pikachu, a random Pichu would be disappointing (not that I would blame them, since they didn't say anything, just really hope that's what it is). I...
  8. sc190191

You people and needing to give yourself credit for pointless things....I don't think I'll ever understand. I saw your post, my expression of surprise is based on the fact that we have 4 pages of nonsense here since last night, with very little discussion regarding something that comes off to me...
  9. sc190191

Wow, are we thinking that really could be Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu??? I can't believe that isn't what people are talking about, that's a huge, huge, huge deal! Like groundbreaking, game changing, massive, amazing! Sign me up for that!! For all the backstories we have gotten, this would be a...
  10. sc190191

Well this new info looks really good, the only part that scares me is what does she mean by "this new Pocket Monsters world"? Is that looking too much into it due to paranoia? Really happy it looks like they are bringing back some of the fun quirks of the Trio, here's hoping for returns from...
  11. sc190191

Since there is so very little to talk about this subject at the present time, I wanted to bring up this old vague tweet again (click link). I feel like we talked a lot about it at the time, but aren't using it as evidence for further speculation since newer announcements have been made. I am...
  12. sc190191

Well I'm really happy a girl finally got introduced, I really hope she is a part of the adventures and doesn't sit at this home base. I also really hope she has something interesting she is passionate about (and please not be passionate about a boy-we really don't need romance, I didn't...
  13. sc190191

This is a reference to relegation in professional soccer. Basing on the premier league (UK and league they are probably emulating) the bottom three teams in the league are relegated each year and the top 2 from the "minor league" are promoted, with a third promotion being decided in a...
  14. sc190191

Not really serious here, but what if the reason Gou looks like he could be of either gender is that one of the writers had this great idea for a second protag, but he was going to be male, and enough of the crew had questions about whether or not that would go over well, so they decided to...
  15. sc190191

Just an observation on this new character, while in theory the goal of meeting Mew seems somewhat interesting, it also seems fairly shallow, and if achieved will lead to a "now what" type moment. Also, if he truly catches "all" or many Pokemon in "Go" style, this will fundamentally go against...
  16. sc190191

Well they gave us a full four weeks to wait for a really exciting reveal, then we got next to nothing, leading to a lot more questions, a lot of "potential avenues" still, no confirmation on AU, no animation, just a small amount of artwork, a character that seems to be based on a really annoying...