Search results

1. Adelon

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

I was thinking about names that would likely be used for a major character in Pokemon. Tristan honestly sounds like the sort of name the writers might give to a character. Why? I can't put my finger on it, but something about the name screams Pokemon protagonist. Although this is pure...
  2. Adelon

Most Japanese probably won't care too much that some anime boy is in a romantic relationship with another male his age. Even the more conservative ones would probably just write some mean comments on Twitter and get bored five seconds later. I feel like the new kid might be named Tristian...
  3. Adelon

His chances of being a companion are lower if the scorbunny kid is male.
  4. Adelon

I wouldn't be opposed to the new character being LGBT but I think they need to be careful not to accidentally invoke stereotypes of transgender people. I hope they don't do what Rowling did to Dumbledore, I feel its more tactful to create an entirely new character who just happens to be gay...
  5. Adelon

Iris isn't really a bully, she just annoys Ash the same way a little sibling would annoy their older sibling, yes, they fight, but she never really hurts him, just irritates him slightly. Misty would literally hit Ash and other characters. Even if it was played for the comedic effect she'd be...
  6. Adelon

The Scorbunny boy is black? What makes you so sure? I would say he might be of some Middle Eastern ethnicity but Arabs don't usually have blue eyes so ... then again, May was probably meant to be seen as Asian and yet she really looks more Slavic if you ask me.
  7. Adelon

I feel like the love for Misty is born from nostalgia more than anything, if she was introduced in Generation Five and Iris was Generation One instead people would probably hate her guts even more than they hate Iris. I liked May when I was a kid. Wouldn't go around calling her my soulmate as a...
  8. Adelon

How many people thought this was just a slightly feminine boy? I thought so too. Plenty of boys in real life have eyelashes like those while being masculine, and boys in Japanese anime will sometimes wear hairclips from what I've been told at Serebii forums.
  9. Adelon

He isn't really creepy, just a timid boy, the mask might be the problem more than his ghost gym leader status because his facial expressions would not be seen.
  10. Adelon

I don't really care either and I am old enough to have seen some of the very late episodes of Johto although I don't think I started watching the anime until Hoenn. Brock invokes very little nostalgia of any sort for me, and Misty invokes none at all since I really only ever saw like one or two...
  11. Adelon

I am a little annoyed they never introduced Wally. ORAS would have been the perfect excuse for him to appear in the anime but no we get Sawyer who is a loose counterpart (mostly design-wise not in terms of personality and without the signature Ralts line) instead.
  12. Adelon

I don't get those Ash haters anyways. They seem to think he is meant to be an unstoppable juggernaut, the literal god of Pokemon in human form, but he is is really just a boy and nothing more, children make stupid mistakes all the time! Ash isn't an idiot, he is simply doing what every other...
  13. Adelon

Why would they forget him? I am confused by your premise. You tend to remember somebody pretty well if you've spent weeks travelling with him across a region (even the smallest ones are comparable in size to a tiny country).
  14. Adelon

It's why I disliked Serena. She was essentially worshiping some random Japanese boy she met once as a kid. Lol, chill girl, he is just a friendly boy not Kantonian Jesus :LOL:
  15. Adelon

Man, Granbull evolution is likely fake. We have seen it before. It's also rather ugly looks too much like an Exploud had a baby with Mickey Mouse
  16. Adelon

I would like her more if that girl's identity wasn't revolving around Ash. She just felt like a satellite character unlike Clemont and Bonnie. Dodges a flamethrower from her Braixen
  17. Adelon

I mean, Cilan had weird eyes but that didn't stop him being a traveling companion. Personally I want Allister to be the male sidekick to Ash.
  18. Adelon

But does she really look like a femme fatale? I think she just seems like a generic athlete TBH. Apparently she is a bit of a sore loser, too, according to the official website but I don't think that means she is a femme fatale.
  19. Adelon

Can Allister please become a main character like Clemont? I love the idea of a spooky ghost boy traveling with Ash!