• Magnificent Entertainer barges into the Pastoria Gym, intent on getting his fifth Badge. Watch here as he chases some Team Galactic dingbat and yells at the police again.

Search results

1. Daren

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

I see the Orange League trophy and Frontier plaque next to it, and what seems to be badge cases. I don't remember the object to the right of the OI trophy, though. I'm not positive why he left the Z-Ring behind. Maybe he thinks it would be an unfair advantage outside Alola where it's possible...
  2. Daren

I suspect the part starting at 14:03 is the aftermath of Pikachu getting kicked by Scorbunny, who is about to regret it's rash actions. That thunderbolt looks very nifty. (y) Love how the battle animation looks. I really hope the interview's comment about Ash's desire to be the strongest...
  3. Daren

Ash's mindset changes whenever the writers feel like it. Look at the way his personality shifts between series' as needed. In Johto he brought his old party with him, then with AG the show put a bigger focus on marketing the newest game so he suddenly decided to dump everyone except Pikachu each...
  4. Daren

I don't think that's Ash with Charizard--I believe Charizard's trainer seems to be wearing long white pants instead of Ash's blue shorts.
  5. Daren

To be honest I'd find that a better use of a filler episode than a lot of the ones we got during Johto, and we gotta introduce new ghost types somehow. * Seriously though, I think it would be a serious waste not to revisit old characters when they have this opportunity. Maybe not gym leaders or...
  6. Daren

I've always theorized that friendship evolutions in the wild, at least for the baby/child Pokémon like Pichu, occur through the bond between the Pokémon and their parents--in this case Kangaskhan may be Pichu's adopted mother and serves the same role.
  7. Daren

Animation looked good. Scorbunny vs Pikachu could just be so the new Pokémon looks good in the trailer. For all we know that's the only hit it gets before Pikachu fries it to a crisp.
  8. Daren

This is sort of hard to prove twenty years later, since old websites and forums have vanished, but he got tons of hate on the internet even during the original series run. Part of it was bleed-over dislike for the show itself (people wanted it to be closer to the games or more serious), though...
  9. Daren

Ash is and always will be a meme failure to a part of the game fanbase, no matter what happens. Even after he won the Alola league I saw people saying he should be replaced because he never evolves anything. It's popular in some places to compare him to Youngster Joey.
  10. Daren

Yeah, people say levels don't exist in the anime but power differences do: see Charizard vs Casey's Pokémon in early Johto, where if I recall correctly he knocks Pidgey out by blowing on it. Even without electricity Pikachu should have simply been too fast and too skilled for a newbie Snivy to...
  11. Daren

I don't disagree with your general point--honestly, the Battle Frontier already made it hard for me to consider a badge quest that interesting (maybe it was a dub-only line but I think Scott claimed the Frontier Brains were second only to the Elite Four) but I suspect they're going to have him...
  12. Daren

According to the official description Ash is trying to become "the strongest battler". Leagues are where the best competition is, so avoiding them would be against his goal. I think we're still going to see the Galar league, if only because the Alola league feels almost intentionally set to a...
  13. Daren

If the Pichu scene is Our Boy's backstory it will be interesting to see if they explain why he hates pokéballs. It's actually a bit strange how little we know about the secondary protagonist. Several of Ash's other Pokémon had more detailed backstories, even in minor ways like "Tailow was part...
  14. Daren

I'm not sure episode count will be a concern; one huge advantage of the new series from a writer standpoint is that if it's not covering a single region they don't need to rush to get a storyline done so they can move Ash on to the next region in time. Tobias in particular feels a lot like "we...
  15. Daren

Not only does a reboot seem incredibly unlikely at this point, this looks like it could end up being the most continuity heavy series since Johto ended. *Ash has an encounter, likely with Ho-Oh, that's seemingly going to influence his goal in the new series (to "become the best battler")...
  16. Daren

What child me expected when I read online there would be an episode explaining why Meowth can talk: silly comedy What child me got: suddenly starts raining indoors for no clear reason.
  17. Daren

Thanks, my memory for the later parts of the series isn't great. I had a feeling it might have happened several times but I wasn't certain.
  18. Daren

That comment about Meowth dressing up as a Sunflora...I'm sure I remember that happening once but it was it a recurring joke? Interesting to see one of OG Rocket's traits coming back.
  19. Daren

I'm wondering if any of the main characters will get Mega Evolutions? Ash skipped that whole thing in XY, possibly because no XY Pokémon could do it, and they created Ash-Greninja in it's place. However, if this series really is going to showcase previous regions and Pokémon as well they could...
  20. Daren

Honestly until now I'd never even considered that possibility, and now I'm sort of sad it probably won't happen. (I admit I actually really liked the OI arc, though at the time I think I remember it being unpopular for not being from the games?)