• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. geebraprint

Spoilers Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Not if it’s DLC. With the max raids seemingly changing over time, the gamefreak idea of the games being complete things that don’t need DLC seems to have changed as well. DLC seems like a possibility, finally. Only time will tell, though.
  2. geebraprint

lol I KNEW they wouldn’t include the types in any merch promo. Nice to see figures of them though.
  3. geebraprint

FYI I fully expect their typings to be displayed as “???” (if mentioned at all) in merchandise leaks. That’s how they were displayed in the magazine they were in this month, and the developers have stated they want players to learn about them in-game.
  4. geebraprint

For Corviknight, that would mean ignoring all the times you encounter its preevo throughout your journey, and then grinding in max raid battles until you finally come across its g-max form and are strong enough to defeat it. That’s... unrealistic and really breaks the immersion into the game world.
  5. geebraprint

Another reason I’m not excited about gigantamax. Lore-wise, sure I guess the raid areas do something to the Pokémon that alter their dynamax forms permanently. But from a gameplay standpoint, I want to use the Pokémon I catch along the way. It seems like they’re making that more accessible in...
  6. geebraprint

While that is ideal, the backlash of more Kanto gigantamax forms (even though last week was the first revealed) would be annoying to go through. I’d rather they reveal a new ghost Pokémon (Galarian form or otherwise).
  7. geebraprint

I mean... Popplio? Brionne? Those are just the weird ones that come to mind immediately since we’re talking about starters. I think Skwovet is a clever way to spell out squirrel+covet, and seems really Pokémon-ish to me.
  8. geebraprint

I see a trailer happening next Wednesday... they seem to like the every-other-week news drip (yes, drip... so slow). Since the most recent trailer revisited Gigantamax, and regional forms have been revisited by Sitfetch’d and Ponyta, I think we’re due for a couple more brand new Pokémon. I’ve...
  9. geebraprint

But no spoilers for other Galarian forms? Boooo. Why just add those two? Also lol @ no Obstagoon for a couple years awkwardly.
  10. geebraprint

True. But there's always been the question of, where do the starters come from? Outside of Pokémon Yellow/LGPE and maybe island scan, you can't find Charmander in the wild at all. Where do the Pokémon professors find starter Pokémon? Are they all weirdly only bred by the professors and not...
  11. geebraprint

I’ve been thinking that Bulbasaur and Squirtle won’t be in Galar ever since they revealed Charizard as the champion’s ace. I will not be surprised if they reveal that Charmander is actually native to Galar, much like how they revealed that Galarian Zigzagoon is the ‘original’ Zogzagoon.
  12. geebraprint

I don’t care about gigantamax enough to rank any of them. It’s a three-turn thing... too brief to make me care. I appreciate what it fixes from megas and z moves, but... eh.
  13. geebraprint

Mewtwo might be there due to detective Pikachu releasing this year. It was a popular part of the overall Pokémon brand, and this Pokémon center isn’t specifically SwSh promo right?
  14. geebraprint

I actually don’t see them giving any info on the box legends before release. Masuda said he had the idea of no one ever seeing them before, and based their names on people talking about them as “The Cyan” and “The Magenta”... aka no one having any info on them.
  15. geebraprint

Please please please. My summoning circles haven’t been working, but I kinda feel like it’s now or never for them! If they wait until next month, any hype drummed up by them will be overshadowed by datamine info.
  16. geebraprint

Next news is tomorrow at 9AM EDT (aka the usual time of day this year) as per Serebii.
  17. geebraprint

It’s the trolls I’m talking about. People that are just generally unhappy about the National dex decision aren’t the ones posting months and months later on the Galarian Ponyta post. People that are just generally unhappy just won’t buy the game instead of spending all their energy harassing...
  18. geebraprint

I disagree. They’ve awarded less opportunities (less open stages) to let trolls troll. Disengaging is a valid tactic when dealing with extreme hate and backlash. It’s obvious they’ve been in a lose-lose situation, so choosing to only reveal the bare minimum is a sound strategy. People still...
  19. geebraprint

I still think they are revealing even less than planned due to getting bombarded by dexit trolls. They usually ramp up promo after E3, but E3 is when the whole dexit thing started. Even one of the top comments on the twitter comments for the Galarian Ponyta post was a dexit troll comment. I...
  20. geebraprint

Get your summoning circles ready for middle stages after Sobble's video tomorrow! Will they work? IDK probably not. But we can try.