• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Tortoiseshel

Spoilers The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

I finally got my GameCube working and am now playing XD: Gale of Darkness! I'm planning on raising a ribbon master (a Banette, of course :p), but first I'm trying to get a shiny starter Eevee. I'm on soft reset number twenty, let's see how many tries it takes me, or if I just get tired of...
  2. Tortoiseshel

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

Hatched a shiny Party Hat Wurmple today! Kinda disappointed it apparently can't evolve, though.
  3. Tortoiseshel

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

Just caught a shiny Zigzagoon yesterday! I also have a shiny Swellow, Eevee, Torchic, and my beloved shiny Lugia!
  4. Tortoiseshel

Spoilers Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Nice of GameFreak to finally join us in the 21st century and get over their weird aversion to DLC.
  5. Tortoiseshel

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Kaphotics' item pastebin lists a cracked and a chipped pot rather than a mundane pot, and it doesn't explain why Sinistea seems to also have two forms; but this does at least tell me they're permanent differences so thank you!
  6. Tortoiseshel

Oh damn it I forgot zero-based numbering, you're right. It's actually 63 then, over double the forms Unown has.
  7. Tortoiseshel

So there's 8 colors of Alcremie, and 7 types of sweets to evolve Micery that become the little decorations on Alcremie's head. If my math is correct, there are 56 possible Alcremie forms to collect. That's twice as many forms as Unown. Holy moley.
  8. Tortoiseshel

Does anyone know yet what's up with the multiple menu sprites for Sinistea and Polteageist? I'm working on my living dex checklist and I collect one of each permanent form difference so I'd like to know if it's a unique form or just like, an in-battle change. I know it can't be gender...
  9. Tortoiseshel

Spoilers Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Personally I'm not all that impressed with most of the designs this gen, especially with how saturated the colors are and how... I guess "child-friendly" is a good way to put it? Like there aren't enough monstrous Pocket Monsters this time around for my liking. That being said, James Turner gave...
  10. Tortoiseshel

So what's the deal with Zacian's and Zamazenta's "unarmored" forms? I haven't been keeping up with this thread since the full dex was revealed. Is it like Xerneas where outside of battle they're in like, chill out casual mode?
  11. Tortoiseshel

Just woke up and saw the final Pokedex list. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. No Banette, no buy. I really hope this game has no unique ribbons. Imagine moving your ribbon master through 10 games, 8 regions, 5 generations, 4 consoles, and working to get every single...
  12. Tortoiseshel

Oh hey I know what I wanna see in the datamine! All those new models and animations that were supposedly so important that it required Thanos snapping all my old favorites! Now that we know the exact number of Pokemon in the Galar dex, the salt mines inside me have been reactivated, sorry.
  13. Tortoiseshel

Spoilers Regional Dex Discussion

You know if GameFreak weren't so adamantly against DLC for some arcane reason, this might not have even been a problem in the first place. It's gonna be a good few months before Home releases anyway, they could use that time to work on adding the missing Pokemon.
  14. Tortoiseshel

What is everyone hoping to see in the datamine? I'm interesting in seeing if any of the cut Pokemon are in the data somewhere, inaccessible, like how they apparently were in Let's Go.
  15. Tortoiseshel

With all the talk of "This Pokemon looks like a Digimon!" re: Cinderace or Impidimp or other "overdesigned" Pokemon, I have to say that Milcery is the first Pokemon that actually, honest-to-god looks like a Digimon. A Baby I Digimon specifically. Like if they announced that thing for the next...
  16. Tortoiseshel

I just woke up and WOW THAT SNOW MOTH IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Easily the best moth Pokemon to date. Also since we now know the barracuda Pokemon aren't named "Barrazucca" I think we can safely say that "unconfirmed" gym leaders leak in the OP is fake.
  17. Tortoiseshel

My little theory is that G-Rapidash will get its pegasus (well, pterripus really) evolution because they didn't want Galar Rapidash to feel too much like an "upgrade" compared to Kanto Rapidash. Like I feel like they want regional variations to be somewhat "equal" to their original versions.
  18. Tortoiseshel

I'm pretty sure only the red part of Rookidee and Corvipage's eyes are the actual eyes, the white parts are just feather patterns. It's like how some macaws will have markings on their faces that make it look like their eyes are much bigger than they actually are. Also... they're fictional...
  19. Tortoiseshel

Aww, no wings on Galarian Rapidash?... Over-under on it getting a regional evolution with wings?
  20. Tortoiseshel

Dog Pokemon bore me to tears so I have no thoughts on Yamper2. Impidimp's and Rolycoly's evolutions on the other hand are all absolutely delightful! More like those, please!