• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. TrainerJaren

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Ok, this is exciting! Now i desperately wish this game was compatible with bank.
  2. TrainerJaren

Gamefreak designs their games with a point A to Point B philosophy. Setup a character driven situation, introduced an objective (with intermediate objectives in between), introduce an explorable space to traverse mission start point to mission end point, reward said efforts with a story item...
  3. TrainerJaren

While their at it maybe they can dig up the info for Ash-Gorochu.
  4. TrainerJaren

That's not the point i was making. The one thing gamefreak is stringently consistent about, is pokedex numbers. This is why Bulbasaur has been 001 for the past 25 years. Never has a new pokemon borrowed a number from a foster generation and later obtained a proper one but that doesn't mean it's...
  5. TrainerJaren

Kanto already has a pokedex. it's always regional then national, and they won't slip a pokemon in between 151 and 152... so even though it may get a pokedex entry they probably won't link it to an official numbering. Hoopa wasn't waiting in limbo for a pokedex number so that doesn't really...
  6. TrainerJaren

Notably, a pokedex for gen 8 doesn't exist. Right now this new mon has no dex number, and which ever generation it is branded one will determine the generation it belongs too. It probably wont receive a dex number in LGPE (as it won't get one here and then another one in the gen 8 games, it...
  7. TrainerJaren

But the arrows on those pokemon were pointing backwards towards already released games, where as the arrow on the new pokemon is pointing forward to a currently developing game. Having said that it's too early for a gen 8 promo until we get the new pokemon in LGPE, which will be a linking topic...
  8. TrainerJaren

The actual pendants are beautiful. The last one is obviously Broccoleon, our new grass/fairy eeveelution.
  9. TrainerJaren

When they mentioned that transitioning from the 3DS to the switch presented many challenges, you have to think this sort of thing is what they are talking about. One thing we know for sure is that Pokemon 2019 won't look like Pokemon Let's go, which means it won't look like any of the handheld...
  10. TrainerJaren

They really do need to take advantage of the technology and expand the game in technical depth. This is something that is obvious to them though.Considering they omitted 3D effects from gen 7 and knew that double battles lagged when the game shipped, they have to be aware of the consequences of...
  11. TrainerJaren

What they say is not what they mean here. They are trying to preserve the spotlight for LGPE, the games they are actually currently promoting, and as a result we get weird responses like this, but try to look at the subtitles. I would think the play style of LGPE will be more diverse than we...
  12. TrainerJaren

This "rumor" is Whimsicott dust lol. I would be extremely skeptical of rumors until the Gen 8 starters and/or legendaries are officially revealed, Then we know we have a solid base. Until then it's a stream of leaks from the squirtle squad. Just incase any one didn't see the recent interview...
  13. TrainerJaren

The co-op in Let's Go allows them to utilize one set of joycons in one home. It's not there for its ground breaking utilization imo. It's mostly a "cozy home" feature. If it survives in the 2019 games it will most likely be using player data for each trainer by then and wont be a local feature...
  14. TrainerJaren

The anime will probably be a reference point since it's their most relatable franchise.
  15. TrainerJaren

They are going to adopt features of the anime is what i meant, like dynamic cutscenes that range in cinema presentation (like games have been doing) and how the characters interact the story being told. Sorry if i wasn't clear enough.
  16. TrainerJaren

Which is mostly the bane of the target platform. All of those little details combined with the potential of the switch will make a big difference on the overall experience and that's what i was highlighting. Because as a fan, i'm exited for the experience. Let's go Eevee is going to be a blast...
  17. TrainerJaren

Key words being sorts of details. That's a fair analysis but overall the wild battles in LGPE involve the pokemon just popping up with some texts. Visually it's underneath what they did on the 3DS. That was my main point.
  18. TrainerJaren

All i was saying is that they will focus on making the story a more expressively immersive experience for the player. One thing to note about LGPE is that the wild battles don't have the silhouette zoom in at the beginning like in S/M, so they are clearly holding back on these games and saving...