• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Scarftail

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

SM sold almost exactly as much as XY did three years later.
  2. Scarftail

I actually saw some some doubt that Gen 8 would look better than LGPE. Good to see that belief squashed.
  3. Scarftail

@KrisiChiki One thing they really need to consider is making the GTS free. Paying to complete the Pokedex alone? I guess a counterargument is that you (or if you're a kid, your parents) paid for your Switch and game, so $4-35 should be nothing, but it still feels odd.
  4. Scarftail

I'm guessing 2020 will be off, because they shouldn't be developing anything else but Gen 8 in 2019, and I strongly believe no $60 Switch version should ever take just one year to make. They called the 2019 game "all-new". And like I've been saying before, there's a certain standard that new...
  5. Scarftail

In the same breath, Ohmori said that they "will do their best to make a game that lives up to the expectations". That's just Masuda's personal view on a game he may not even be is not directing and more of a "it's not Zelda" statement.
  6. Scarftail

But Nintendo confirmed here that the E3 announcement was referring to the 2019 game. And didn't Game Freak say that it was "challenging" to make the game and that there are "high expectations" for it in reference to the game Nintendo teased? Surely, they weren't talking about Let's Go.
  7. Scarftail

Designing the maps a lot faster in order to put more focus on Gen 8.
  8. Scarftail

In my opinion, Kalos and Alola definitely do stand on their own and merely have more apparent nods to Kanto than the other games. At least the region design, newly introduced Pokemon, and culture reflected the basis of both regions quite well.
  9. Scarftail

@Akira Bond Whatever kind of game it is, I think the only thing that matters is how much this game affected the development of the next game.
  10. Scarftail

Guys...Let's Go were called "a core RPG for everyone" in the Q&A. End of debate.
  11. Scarftail

It could've been two and a half years away. We should be thankful the amount of time following the Switch's launch for a new game is the exactly the same as 3DS to XY rather than longer.
  12. Scarftail

I really don't like that several insiders were heavily implying Let's Go are the core RPGs that they confirmed last year. I guess they didn't know any better.
  13. Scarftail

Interesting. Also, it looks like they never actually called Let'a Go a mainline game while they made it clear next year's game is and is also the one they were referring to last year. Edit: Actually, I believe they called it "a core RPG for everyone", so it's just an unconventional main game.
  14. Scarftail

@Akira Bond I'd be surprised if Game Freak was developing a spin-off Pokemon game, but I guess there's a first time for everything.
  15. Scarftail

Does anyone else think that both USUM and Let's Go were stripped down from what we'd normally expect from a mid-gen game thanks to the need to make Gen 7 three years long? Granted, Let's Go's campaign isn't necessarily worse, just lacking in Pokedex variety. I'll still buy it because the...
  16. Scarftail

I disagree that it's entitlement to criticize the fact that this game might be delaying the next generation by two and a half years even though a new console launched a year ago.
  17. Scarftail

If a 2020 release guaranteed that the game would be one of the best Switch games similar to how BotW played out, I would've been all for this. But instead, a 2020 release would just mean that they started in 2017, because they said they always take three years to develop new generations, no more...
  18. Scarftail

Given how much higher new generations sell, millions of other people must be self-centered if they get disappointed in one coming late.
  19. Scarftail

I expected someone to say this. It's very simple: The rest of Nintendo is releasing their first new games by the end of the third year, so I have an expectation that they will follow suit. I thought this was a common expectation whenever a new console was released. I play other games, but I...
  20. Scarftail

No other Nintendo developer needs to wait until 2020 to release their first quality original game. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't be asked to compensate for their refusal to expand their staff or make prudent timing decisions.