• ME explores a new city and takes on the local Gym. Can he defeat the Gym Leader, Candice? Watch here to find out.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. S

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

As much as I hate the term, "visual novel" is incredibly apt for describing story-driven adventure games.
  2. S

No, it's just the camera angle of the render -- it makes Mewtwo's shoulders look broader than they actually are (and yes, Mewtwo does have a slight hourglass figure).
  3. S

The term "jackalope" is an American invention, but their visual descriptions match up closely enough to mix inspirations.
  4. S

Separate versions of Pokemon Bank for the 3DS and Switch? We are talking a cloud-based application, after all....
  5. S

Meh, it's not the compensation but the time pressure that really effects* the tone of a review. Like the difference between microwaving something vs. cooking it in an oven, it gets the job done faster but certain things just can't be done the same.
  6. S

On the other hand, I personally view Woobat's design as very cute. (And don't get me started on Pokemon designs that, to me, failed to capture some essence of their source material....)
  7. S

But didn't Woobat kind of fit that design already?
  8. S

So people designed standard Pokeballs to resemble Voltorb?
  9. S

Go play Red Rescue Team sometime, Attract was broken as -- actually let's not complete that sentence.
  10. S

With the exception of Monster Hunter World, all previous games had "on-disc" DLC, i.e. the underlying assets were already in the game as shipped, and you only had to download the actual quest when they published it.
  11. S

By now, the best definition would probably be "series veterans who expect the formula they've used for the past 20 years".
  12. S

"Mewthree" is one of the top 3 fanmade names that just cannot be taken seriously. (Which is to say nothing of whether we ultimately get a legitimate Mew the third)....
  13. S

Nah, give us a Mega Noctowl and regional Unfezant. :)
  14. S

Very true -- open-world maps are often described as having a "thirty second rule", in the sense that the player should always be able to find something (within a geographic area of one square minute) to engage their interest.
  15. S

That is the difference, all right. There's a huge conceptual difference between the game asking you to go somewhere you have access to, and the game actively prohibiting you from going somewhere you're not. That guy with the Stoutland. The kahuna blocking off Diglett's Cave just inside its...
  16. S

Interestingly, you cannot combing Flying with any starter type without creating a 4x weakness.
  17. S

Actually just Dragon (Primarina is part Fairy).
  18. S

Meh, I think it could be a smart move -- back in Gen 1 Brock's team lived or fainted solely on your choice of starter, creating a very unpredictable difficulty level for an early game boss. Plus, if the game requires you to have one Pokemon with a type advantage, the devs may be planning for it...
  19. S

There is no mention about any compatibility with Pokemon Bank (though some compatibility with Pokemon Go is confirmed), which implies it's a spin-off and NOT Gen 8.