• ME explores a new city and takes on the local Gym. Can he defeat the Gym Leader, Candice? Watch here to find out.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. sj01blue

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Well Paul definitely didn't give hope and now I see why lol
  2. sj01blue

I hope it's an XY reveal type, and not a SuMo one. It would be nice if it's not just the names of the games... but instead we see the starters, the legendaries, and gameplay footage! :D But regardless, it will be great no matter what! (I personally think we will see an XY type reveal).
  3. sj01blue

KYOGRE JUST ATTACKED GROUDON OUT OF NOWHERE like what!?
  4. sj01blue

POKEMON DIRECT ANNOUNCED! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
  5. sj01blue

I thought the Detective Pikachu trailer coming tomorrow (on the 26th) is a good thing because the "exciting news" promised for Pokemon Day, the 27th, can no longer be about that film. That leaves Gen 8 more likely for the day right? Can they not have the trailer tomorrow and then the Gen 8...
  6. sj01blue

Yeah I agree :) What I do think though is that they should hopefully have six Pokemon this time around, it doesn't make sense that the best trainers in the region who have probably caught 100s of Pokemon only use five when they know their opponent is going to use six in the competition x.x...
  7. sj01blue

I didn't even think about that :eek:. If they did eighteen gyms, then the elite four would actually be ELITE. They would have like 6 Pokemon all with different types. Wow. Obviously this isn't happening though.
  8. sj01blue

Hopefully I see 20 new pages on here tomorrow. That's when you know something is up haha
  9. sj01blue

I guess that's fair. It's a shame that in the games there is a bit of a disadvantage when you do this, but at least there is an Eviolite available to help. =)
  10. sj01blue

Yeah but like I said they would miss out on moves that the next evolution stages contain. And also does the anime deal with evolutions in the same way? I don't watch it so I'm not sure. Is it level based and quick like the games?
  11. sj01blue

What about changing the level evolution stages of starter Pokemon? I always felt that the mid-30 stage was a bit too low for a third evolution considering there's another 70 levels they can reach. It makes you spend like 20% with your first evolution, 30% with the second, and then like 50% with...
  12. sj01blue

But then they would miss important move's that they would learn with the next evolution. And they would retain weaker stats. Obviously if a different evolution system existed, they would have all this set in stone and help the weaker stats e.g. add more trainers at lower levels to balance it...
  13. sj01blue

I actually like the idea of a new evolution system that doesn't involve levels. There are of course lots of Pokemon that have early evolution stages that people prefer, especially with starters. When you think about it, you don't really spend a lot of time with the first evolution of your...
  14. sj01blue

Are there any other relevant forum/threads that are quite active and talk about Gen 8 other than this one and the ResetEra one?
  15. sj01blue

I don't know why but I'm not really a fan of some of these rumoured Pokemon names lol. King and Queen, Noble and Regent, Crown and Sceptre (this one i don't mind ish). They kinda sound a bit forced to relate to UK politics (if the region is UK) in a sense?
  16. sj01blue

There are lots of different ways to make Pokemon open-world - it's just whether they can do it right or not (i'm not expecting it for Gen 8). I definitely do believe a non-linear gym route can happen though - the possibilities really are endless. In a sense, it has already shown to be possible...
  17. sj01blue

13 new pages......... NEW POKEMON NEWS! ABOUT TIME! oh......
  18. sj01blue

i honestly believe that we will defo see something in that q/a, 5 days is a loooooooooooonggggggg timeeeeeeeee just for absolutely nothing exciting.... im hopeful. :)