• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Envoy

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

This. Especially for Meganium, though Typhlosion could also use a good boost. Feraligatr is okay, but needs something to set him apart from Gyarados.
  2. Envoy

I’d be hella down for Johto Megas. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I’d also be okay if they didn’t make a new Dex/region/characters and instead revisited the last seven gens and made a game fine tuning all those features/Pokémon/characters.
  3. Envoy

The word for that is railroading. Pokémon is really guilty of railroading players. Especially in newer gens. Alola is the most egregious example of this, but the series as a whole has been heading in this direction since Hoenn. Interestingly, Gens I and II, while still having a definite track...
  4. Envoy

As for the four elements/Starters, you could argue that Electric could sub in for Wind. This would mean that Kanto actually had the Four Elements covered with Bulbasaur (Earth,) Charmander (Fire,) Squirtle (Water,) and Pikachu (Wind.) As of LGPE, we can even add Eevee as...
  5. Envoy

I’m gonna make a prediction: the Grass Starter will be heavily associated with the female PC. Now, while this is by no means a rule, I have noticed a pattern when it comes to Starters and the female PC. Squirtle is associated with Leaf/Green, Chikorita is associated with Kris/Lyra, Torchic is...
  6. Envoy

Two words: VS Seeker Bring it back.
  7. Envoy

It’s implied even as early as Gen I that Gym Leaders moonlight in other fields. As of around Gen IV/V, the implication is actually that being a Gym Leader is actually their side gig. -Erika does flower arrangements -Surge is an army vet -Blaine is a scientist (implied to have created Mewtwo...
  8. Envoy

Speaking of heights, I need them to fix the scale of the models from USUM. Charizard and Blastoise being almost as big as the trainer is fine, but I call bs on Groudon and Giratina being smaller than the PC
  9. Envoy

Calum had fewer options than Serena but I actually liked his clothing options. The Lumiose boutique options for both Calum and Serena were really stylish. I’ve actually gone back and replayed the Kalos games solely because I like the clothes or the PC’s far more than I do the ones in Gen VII...
  10. Envoy

Yeah, I don't have the patience for that. Confirmation bias, if I had to take a guess.
  11. Envoy

Siberian. Husky. Pokemon. Bonus points if it's the Pseudo Legendary.
  12. Envoy

Here’s an interesting idea: make it an evolution of Tauros and Miltank. A male, bull-themed, version for Tauros and a female, cow-themed, version for Miltank. With stats that match their prevos, of course.
  13. Envoy

To be honest, Alola has a ton of cool Pokemon with shitty stats. All three Lycanroc forms suffer from this. Alola also has an issue with speed. I don't understand why GF thought limiting their speed was a good idea.
  14. Envoy

I’d be perfectly okay if Mega Houndoom was retconned into a Houndoom evo and then also given a separate three-headed Mega. This’ll never happen, but I’d like it to. While we’re at it, Manectric needs some love too. And for the love of God, redesign Mega Scizor and Mega Heracross. They look awful.
  15. Envoy

I happen to fundamentally disagree with your thesis, but whatever. It's not like this will be a real Pokemon anyway.
  16. Envoy

Meh. That’s ok. With over 800 Pokémon out there, there will be some crossover. Just look at Charizard and Typhlosion. They have the exact same stats.
  17. Envoy

Ninetales is more of a support Pokémon tho. It’s not meant to be used offensively.
  18. Envoy

Make it an offensive Ice Type (for a fucking change) and it would at least be decent. 120 Speed + 110 Special Attack + Snow Warning + a movepool of Blizzard/Aurora Veil/Thunderbolt/Earth Power/Nasty Plot/Ice Shard/Moonblast could be devastating at least in the lower tiers.
  19. Envoy

Y'all realize I prefaced my comment by saying 'This is absolutely a pipe dream...' I don't need y'all to tell me it's not happening. I've got that covered on my own. Still doesn't mean I can't want it.
  20. Envoy

This is absolutely a pipe dream, but I'd like a two region system again. And we know the Switch can handle two whole regions. The difference is that instead of a Gen II model where we had a new region + an old region post-game, we'd have a new region + another new region post-game. Kinda like...