• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. J

Pokemon DVR Ratings Thread | ...AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING!

Sorry for the lack of updates last week, I was a bit busy and forgot to update the comparison. In other news, for the first time ever, Pokémon (2019) has finally cracked into the top 3 for weekly anime ratings! However, this is more the case that one of the usual top 3 (in this case, Anpanman)...
  2. J

Pokemon DVR Ratings Thread | ...AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING!

Comparison in OP has been updated to Episode 24
  3. J

We're back guys! Pokémon is once again airing new episodes on Sundays, so it's finally time to continue the comparison with SM! We don't see a noticeable bump in ratings for Pokémon (2019), but that could be due to Doraemon overperforming (It got first place in the overall rankings that week...
  4. J

Another update, same old same old. Pokémon is out of top 10, Yokai Watch Jam is in 10th place, yadayadayada. Thankfully, the rerun episodes are finally over, so we can soon get an idea as to whether this unexpected hiatus gave any short term boosts to viewership ratings. Also, this isn't...
  5. J

I get where you're coming from, but including illegal downloads as well? That's like saying Nintendo should include download numbers for Citra (a 3DS emulator) in their sales data for 3DS consoles. As for DVR not including all Japanese viewers; while that is true, it still has a big enough...
  6. J

Another week, another update So perhaps unsurprisingly, the rerun of Pokémon (2019) Episode 3 has once again missed the top 10 ranking. Given that 10th place has higher viewership ratings than last week, we don't even know if more or less people tuned in for this episode. One thing of note...
  7. J

As I've said in the OP, I'm only using ratings here as an attempt at an objective measure of the Japanese audience's interest in the anime. The Pokémon anime would keep on airing as long as the Pokemon Company still see it as worthwhile. We have also had Japanese news articles in the past...
  8. J

That's not an apt comparison though, since early episodes of a series always perform better than the last episodes of the previous series. This has happened with early XY - late BW, early BW - late DP, early DP - late AG, as well as early AG - late OS. You should only compare between equivalent...
  9. J

This is just a guess, but since all anime series under first place for that particular week got slightly lower ratings, I would say rather than SS013 underperforming, it is the anime in first place that was overperforming that week, thus leading to seemingly lower numbers.
  10. J

Threadmarks: Pokémon (2019) DVR Ratings RERUN EDITION

Since we don't know how long the hiatus will go on, I've decided to make a separate table for just the rerun episodes of Pokémon (2019), which began airing the week of 20/04/2020-26/04/2020. Please note that the data is published around 2 weeks after initial airing. Pokémon (2019) DVR...
  11. J

There's the usual short burst of viewership after a hiatus, but afterwards it's back to normal for SM. Looking at the 5 episodes after the timeslot change: Pokémon Sun & Moon DVR Ratings Pokémon Sun & Moon DVR Ranking Episode 091 51.2 8 Episode 092 29.8 10 Episode 093 37.6 7...
  12. J

I would argue that Pokemon (2019) is flat out performing better than Pokemon SM. While SM did reach 3rd place once, that was during the holiday season when all the other big anime are on break. In terms of ratings, SM has only reached the 70's once, and mostly just yo-yoing around the 30's and...
  13. J

With the Pokémon anime going on hiatus, I believe this is a good time to look at Pokémon's DVR viewership ratings and get a feeling as to the reception of the Japanese audience towards the new series. インターネットTVガイド First of all, you might be wondering what DVR is, and why should we be using...