• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. bulbasaur_ggd

Challenge Playthroughs

After easing through Red, I figure I may as well go all out and finish what I've started. Universal Metronome Challenge: Clear all 8 regions using 8 unique teams, each one abiding by the rules aforementioned. In addition, no Pokémon are to be used solely as HM slaves, every team member must...
  2. bulbasaur_ggd

Challenge Playthroughs

I've done a few different themed runs, did a Nuzlocke of Black 2 that I only just managed to beat after Iris's Archeops went ballistic, and I've done a mono. But my current fixation is the Metronome Run. It started out as an attempt to make Y more fun, and I kinda got hooked. First rule is...
  3. bulbasaur_ggd

Challenge Playthroughs

I'd suggest using X/Y. Easier games to beat. And you can either use Bank or trade off OR/AS to get your team very near the start of the run. These games are also very generous in terms of level caps for outsider Pokémon.