• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Deadman

From an out of universe standpoint, why do you think Ash won the Alola league?

It wasn't really professional, in fact the Alola league was just created as Ash was there. The level of professionalism in it equally low. Due the lack of many skilled trainer in it, it was at best just a bigger tournament with above average gym level battles. That is, in my opinion the only...
  2. Deadman

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

That blob is just the PR team probing your head.
  3. Deadman

Mimey always was meant to help out Dehlia, maybe some kind of father/husband replacement though I can't remember if or when Ash actually caught it.
  4. Deadman

I don't expect much either and it all is extremely hypothetical anyway but wouldn't it be a nice piece of plot if let's say: Ash (and Gou unfortunately) go somewhere and in one of Gous madman catching sprees he tries to catch a Tyranitar among other things and it goes on a rampage thereafter...
  5. Deadman

Johto-Larvitar for Ash might have a mentionable chances to happen, they mostly try to desperately avoid anything beyond the original trio of Ash/Misty/Brock since a while now.
  6. Deadman

Review New series: Initial thoughts

In short: I didn't expect much from it and that's what I got. It's a "meh" show you can watch as you got time but I'm barely excited about the next and following Episodes. Back when there still was a prediction threat I had a couple of crazy ideas and hopes but I pretty much knew "that ain't...
  7. Deadman

Gou is representative of Pokemon Go. What do you expect otherwise? Nuff said on that matter.
  8. Deadman

Honestly, I expect no further references to the past of Pokémon and most, if not all captures will go to Gou as well (until the series proofs me otherwise). Asides from that, I also wouldn't be surprised if Ash and Gou visit Alola and Kukui and co are nowhere to be found or even anyone...
  9. Deadman

Due the nature of this show I have the bad feeling Ash will be stuck on Pikachu only and maybe the occasional intervention of Mimey for a looooooooooong time.
  10. Deadman

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

I long since gave up optimism towards the series because it's always taken the worse route and just try to enjoy what gets presented to me while I try to ignore every series that came before. Doesn't mean it isn't annoying me. Completely ignoring any previous companions or Regions and what Ash...
  11. Deadman

(Layered post since I'm going through 20 pages here) First, does an athlete stop with his sport just because he or she won Olympic gold? NO! They love what the do and the will make sure or at least try they can get gold next time as well. Second, Ash may get Sobble but Sobble turns out to be not...
  12. Deadman

Recently a multitude of different question sprung up to me: IF they bring back old characters from the Anime, will they bring them back in their inherent Region or will they appear in the region they went for at the end of the other sagas/series/seasons/arc, take your pick What exactly is...
  13. Deadman

The only way I could imagine Ash catching a Galar version would be that it was a Pokemon Type he wanted to catch (really badly) at some point before but didn't for one reason or another and now has an Galar form.
  14. Deadman

Well, as I alread evaluated company doesn't care, TPCI is a company like any other and wants to make money, welcome to capitalism. But I already said what I had to say about this and it would be very surprising to me if they wasted precious marketing resources on something that over all never...
  15. Deadman

Guess it goes from family and school life to buddy-buddy best friend local adventure style now. Stil wondering how exactly they will spread out all the regions. My bet would be around 20 Eps for each region over all (not necassarily in one block), which would still be plenty for a few years...
  16. Deadman

Waiting for the big surprise, TPC pulls a 180° and reveals Gou is the rival for Ash or maybe they start out journeying together but eventually go their separate routes just to have clashes every once in a while. Yeah, well, I'll be just waiting for more, occasionally throwing in some ideas that...
  17. Deadman

Why did I know a lot of people will be disappointed by the "big reveal" today? Given though there was a leak on Friday. Still, would that have changed all that much? I give it the next leak will be somewhere from Wednesday to Friday. How quickly somethings is written off in this day and age...
  18. Deadman

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Unless something is leaked before then, we will know in one week (as of date this is posted) what is "oh so special" to get announced. Rumors seemed to have spread like a wildfire now and I bet a lot of people will get disappointing but that's just me. Maybe they just have the first 50-100...
  19. Deadman

Have you ever had dreams about Pokemon? Share them here!

It has been a good, long while since I last of dreamed anything remotely Pokémon related. But last night I had a Pokémon dream, well more like a weird dream with short, few seconds Pokemon stuff in it on TV but it was genuinely believable what I saw/remember of that dream. So it was like this...
  20. Deadman

Guys and gals, shouldn't we like put the Ash leaving discussion into the speculation thread or put in it's own thread altogether? Of course every Pokè can potentially be market well to promote stuff if one wants to put effort in it but why wasting resources on less important ones, if it is much...