• ME proves that Cyrus and Cynthia are idiots. Watch here as Cynthia blocks him from entering a cave in retaliation.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Zorchic

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Whoa, the Hoennian line also doesn't learn Quick Attack? Well, then...yeah, they should definitely learn it.
  2. Zorchic

Yeah, I meant that when the opponent attacks, Obstagoon should use it as an opportunity to strike first with a surprise attack right after. After all, Taunt + Sucker Punch is a nice move combination that Obstagoon would probably use provided it could learn the priority move, albeit Obstagoon...
  3. Zorchic

Why can't Obstagoon learn Sucker Punch? Pokémon.com says this: I know that last sentence highlights Obstruct, but it could very well apply to Sucker Punch as well, just with a different description. Considering Obstagoon's unspectacular speed stat of 95, it needs a priority move. The whole...
  4. Zorchic

Exactly, but Dragapult doesn't have those Ghost moves. We wish it did. Dragapult needs buffs now because it was unnecessarily nerfed by the developers of SwSh. I was saying that GameFreak did not need to nerf it. So yes, what you're saying agrees with me, but I think you misunderstood a bit...
  5. Zorchic

Speaking of Garchomp, it doesn't get Dragon Dance. While I get that might be broken for Garchomp, it is still a disappointment.
  6. Zorchic

It's almost like GameFreak kept those moves from Dragapult on purpose. Sure, a pseudo-legendary is powerful, but not so powerful that it needs nerfs like that!
  7. Zorchic

Spirit Break is the signature move of Grimmsnarl. If I had to guess, GameFreak would probably give the move out to more Pokémon next generation, given its relatively generic description, but definitely not in The Crown Tundra or something during Generation 8.
  8. Zorchic

To be honest, a lot of seemingly odd move distributions are because of the move's Japanese name.
  9. Zorchic

Throat Chop's original Japanese name is translated to "Hell Thrust", so that might be part of the reason. Maybe Bouffalant kicks the target with its hind legs.
  10. Zorchic

Back to move conversation. Moonblast should be more accessible. Right now, it's only available via level-up and Egg Move. Even if its accessibility/availability weren't changed, at least give it to the Togepi line. Togetic and Togekiss are Fairy and Flying-type, and the moon is way up high in...
  11. Zorchic

I think he means "you would think so".
  12. Zorchic

Possibly. But then Aura Wheel's type would probably have to be something different, maybe from Electric to Steel and back? And what about Morpeko, then? I don't know. *Shrug*
  13. Zorchic

Anyone else have any opinion on these?
  14. Zorchic

Heck, I don't even think Mystical Fire or Fire Lash should have been distributed to other Pokémon, even though GameFreak (I think?) made that decision! Delphox and Heatmor feel forgotten. I feel slightly different about Leaf Blade. I'm fine with Leaf Blade being more widely distributed. What...
  15. Zorchic

Well, weirdly enough, kicking moves aren't classified as such. I don't think there's a programming tag on kicking moves that says that they are kicking moves. It is kinda strange, though. At least Hitmonlee can have Reckless, which powers up Jump Kick and High Jump Kick.
  16. Zorchic

And don't forget the elemental punches: Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Ice Punch.
  17. Zorchic

Shouldn't Haxorus be able to learn Iron Head and not Iron Tail? I don't see anything special about its tail, whereas its design places heavy emphasis on its unbreakable tusks! That alone is a reason why Haxorus should be able to learn Iron Head. However, it can't learn Iron Head. I find that weird.