• ME proves that Cyrus and Cynthia are idiots. Watch here as Cynthia blocks him from entering a cave in retaliation.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. diamondpearl876

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

My first car had roll up windows. Those were the days. :V And by that I mean my stupid teenager days. My current car always squeaks when I let go of the break pad. Was told it’s because the previous owner didn’t replace the rotors and the brake pads at the same time... a thing most mechanics...
  2. diamondpearl876

Winter and spring seemed to switch places here in Delaware, but spring’s supposed to, well, spring back next week. I certainly hope so! ...Though I dont mind the nice excuse to want and make hot cocoa, either. xD
  3. diamondpearl876

I could use a place like a barcade or whatever where I live. Though I guess I'm not sure how much traffic it'd get, since the population here leans more toward the elderly... lol.
  4. diamondpearl876

I'm excited for the games! I've been following every new gen since G/S/C, and I'll continue to do so. As I've gotten older, real life's shut down the time I can spend on the spin-offs, but if a really interesting one catches my eye, I'll make time for it. Anyway, the starters are adorable. I'm...
  5. diamondpearl876

Ohhh, Captain Falcon’s another good one. I tend to forget about characters that don’t belong to fandoms I like lol. The exceptions are Ike and Pit because I read SSB fanfiction shipping them and I’ve been sold ever since. Somehow. :V Hope the calcium issue turns out well. It’s better to notice...
  6. diamondpearl876

Heh, I'm pretty terrible at Smash, anyway. xD I don't really have a "main" yet or anything because I'm not particularly good with anybody, but I do like playing Meta Knight, Ike, and Pikachu the most.
  7. diamondpearl876

Hope you feel better soon, @lucarioknight56! Reminds me that I'd like to go again for a massage soon. I treated one to myself for my birthday a couple years back, and that's coming up soon-ish. Don't you all agree those reoccur way too often? Geez, go away already! I guess it was just kind of...
  8. diamondpearl876

Me except with video games and then never finding them again during the next several visits to my parents' house. :V I hope you find your hat!!!
  9. diamondpearl876

Not sure. I've been enjoying Atlas Obscura for getting worldbuilding and location ideas for fics... and I may wanna visit some places on here myself, near where I live. :V Thought I'd share it with y'all.
  10. diamondpearl876

Woops, I definitely contributed to that, once upon a time. :V I've been on both ends, and it's painful to compile that many as much as it is to approve that many. DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON TIME, KIDS something something In other news, I got into a really good writing flow today for the first time in...
  11. diamondpearl876

I used a self-publishing site called TheBookPatch. Very easy to use. And of course I couldn't sell any copies because it was fanfiction, but they didn't give me issues on buying one for myself.
  12. diamondpearl876

Yes!!! I have to replace my copy because my bird chewed some of it lmao, and new readers have kindly pointed out typos for me to fix in there, but it’s pretty motivating to have your own completed stuff on the bookshelves! inb4 a visitor pulls it out and my fanfiction secret is revealed
  13. diamondpearl876

The cover or the bound version of it or both? O:
  14. diamondpearl876

Looks great, as usual! :D Speaking of fanart, I have a really good idea of what I want as my Flying in the Dark cover once the fic is finished and I get a personal bound version of it. I'd commission it now, but I think it'd be more motivating and rewarding to wait.
  15. diamondpearl876

I've tried that, and it's all fallen apart 100x faster than the daily habits. AKA I don't even make it past week 1. For the daily stuff, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, because beating yourself up over it not happening is a good way to lessen the chance of making the habit stick. But...
  16. diamondpearl876

I think I'd be more into daily writing exercises if I could actually constrain myself to just a short time of doing them, but I tend to start to want to go all out. Then I never work on my actual projects. I'm kinda struggling with any daily things I want to prioritize in general, because...
  17. diamondpearl876

Good luck to everyone on their writing/reading endeavors this year! I've still got lots of Flying in the Dark drafts to edit from NaNoWriMo, so those will be my first writing priority this year (for fanfic, anyway). Then I'll be re-outlining either Love and Other Nightmares or Phantom Project...
  18. diamondpearl876

Happy New Year, WW! <3 Family's at work, so I'll be on my own. Don't feel like going out, and I don't really know anyone in my new town yet, anyway. I plan to just have a couple beers and make some homemade mac&cheese, haha.
  19. diamondpearl876

Merry (belated) Christmas! Hope it was a good one for you guys! Got to spend mine at my new house... Since we don't have a proper kitchen table or anything yet, we improvised successfully with a plastic fold-up table we were using as a computer desk until we got proper desks, lol. We had a...
  20. diamondpearl876

I've never considered holiday specials for my fics outside of, like, birthdays... but now, having been thinking of Love and Other Nightmares today and yesterday, I kind of want to write a one-shot of Annie and her family celebrating together. My writing speed and stamina's better, but not quite...