• ME proves that Cyrus and Cynthia are idiots. Watch here as Cynthia blocks him from entering a cave in retaliation.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. The Archer

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

This. The battle wasn't awful (other than Melmetal jobbing), but it wasn't particularly good either. Fujisaku didn't redeem himself in my eyes though; he just didn't exactly **** things up for once.
  2. The Archer

At least the anticipation and speculation for who'll be the winner of this battle is finally over. Now I can move on and complain about the exhibition match instead.
  3. The Archer

God I hate those live action previews. They're the cringiest thing that I've ever seen related to the Pokemon anime. That said, I'm not sure why they decided to spoil the end of the battle like that. All this secrecy that was being built for weeks and now they just went and showed us that Ash...
  4. The Archer

Clearly Pikachu is the winner of the Alola League then. Tbh I agree with the assessment that someone else made; that dark thing is part of Guzzlord's fangs and not a trophy. The dark shape seems bigger than Pikachu for starters, so I highly doubt that he'd be lifting something that big and heavy...
  5. The Archer

Are you seriously implying that the winner of the Hawaiian vacation trip contest wouldn't go just because Ash might lose to Gladion? Who in their right mind would skip a free trip to Hawaii regardless of whether or not they'll like what'll happen in this episode?
  6. The Archer

To be fair, I don't think you can really compare Porygon (seizures), Jynx (blackface/racism) and Kadabra (a lawsuit) to people whining online about Ash losing a League. In the case of those three Kanto Pokemon controversies, they were threatening the livelihood of the franchise, whereas fans...
  7. The Archer

God I can't wait for this episode to finally air so that the speculation about the winner can end unless the winner isn't decided until the beginning of SM140 because that sounds like something that would happen just to spite me.
  8. The Archer

More like you're ignoring the point, which is that Pikachu could potentially defeat those two since he's faced much tougher opponents before and since we're at the end of SuMo, he's practically at his peak of power for the region anyway. Btw I never said that Pikachu was invincible nor was I...
  9. The Archer

So Lycanroc vs Lycanroc might be the finale? That's so anticlimactic imo.
  10. The Archer

You're talking about a Pokemon that has defeated Legendaries before, so why is Pikachu suddenly inferior to Gladion's Silvally and Zoroark?
  11. The Archer

Is that supposed to make us feel better?
  12. The Archer

My educated guess is that the episode will probably suck, but that Fujisaku might surprise me by doing a 180 and writing a decent episode. There, I at least left some wiggle room in there this time for the possibility that the episode could potentially-maybe-possibly not be entirely awful. Is...
  13. The Archer

I'm not going to give Fujisaku the benefit of the doubt when (to me) he's effed up practically every single episode that he's ever written. I believe that actions speak louder than words, and Fujisaku's track record is unfortunately against him after the Soak and Rowlet fiasco and all the other...
  14. The Archer

I think he just has dirt on the other writers/producers or else money might've exchanged hands, 'cause his climb from writing crappy filler episodes to writing crappy league episodes seems surprisingly quick. Either way, he's probably pulled a few gags from his big bag of tricks in preparation...
  15. The Archer

A mess is about to be born.