• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Dragonite Postal Service

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

45 hours in, 230 Pokemon caught and the Dragon type gym is next. I’ve looked at what Pokémon Raihan uses and I the only one disappointed with his team? There’s a lot of Dragon types available in this game but he only uses the two!
  2. Dragonite Postal Service

The "Minor League" Gyms?

It’s somewhat understandable why people would have got confused too as Pokemon has never been that Lore heavy so to mention that 18 gyms when there are only 8 playable in the games is somewhat misleading. If only that had made all 8 gyms different in SW/SH then it would give a really good...
  3. Dragonite Postal Service

The "Minor League" Gyms?

I was actually hoping they saved the minor league gyms for post game as something to help them “practice” making the major leagues by battling the champ. If we don’t get a 3rd game with this minor league gyms then my best guess would be that the 18 gyms and minor/major is just a lore thing and...
  4. Dragonite Postal Service

No idea, you would think that he’s more common than Zigzagoon :lapras: I tried training a level 1 Dreepy that I got but I personally found they are best off caught in the wild since they evolve so late.
  5. Dragonite Postal Service

Anyone mostly getting Dreepy sent them through Surprise Trade? Yesterday I actually got a Grookey and Sobble through Surprise trade so I’m really happy! Sadly they are both males and don’t have a ditto so can’t breed them for others yet. In previous games/gens, I rarely changed my team later...
  6. Dragonite Postal Service

Thanks for that! Good to hear it’s a TM too! My guide arrives this Friday so I should have a better idea of everything by then!
  7. Dragonite Postal Service

Might be worth looking into how to get that TM/TR! I haven’t come across it yet but will let you know if I find it. Interesting, my crash was just in the middle of a battle in the wild area. I’m hoping I don’t get any more but I think the game mainly struggles in the wild area when connected...
  8. Dragonite Postal Service

I’m hoping it won’t happen again too. If you have a Pokémon with False Swipe try using that, the only time that won’t work is if there’s weather conditions like hail.
  9. Dragonite Postal Service

Has anyone had the game crash on them? I had it crash for me which is rare for a Nintendo game in general. Luckily it was before anything important happened like catching something rare. I’m still on my way to get the 3rd Gym badge and been catching every Pokemon I can on each route before...
  10. Dragonite Postal Service

Oh sounds interesting! I never really looked into the post game, haven't received my guide yet and not even half way through the games so had no clue! Thanks for that :giggle:
  11. Dragonite Postal Service

I am somewhat disappointed by this. Although I enjoy the Elite 4, I have always wanted their format to change. I had hoped that this game (and future main series games) would have a top 16 tournament, with you battling the champion after the tournament and Elite 4 as post game.
  12. Dragonite Postal Service

The game is growing on me more and more. I’m only at route 4 but I’m really enjoying the exploration parts of the game and keep finding new Pokémon to surprise me.
  13. Dragonite Postal Service

I find it looks even better docked on my 4K tv than it does handheld so I don’t see the issue either.
  14. Dragonite Postal Service

New Pokemon Species Discussion

I didn’t really look at the looks prior to the games release and haven’t really looked at anything now, but from what I seen in game I quite like the new Pokémon. There’s still more than I think they should be adding but so far from what I’ve seen the designs and concepts are quite good!
  15. Dragonite Postal Service

Plant based Pokémon meat :wynaut:
  16. Dragonite Postal Service

Wow people are so far ahead already, I’m not only just at route 2! Haha. I have been balancing my play time between this and RDR2 though as I’m waiting for the guide. I like to catch the Pokémon on every route too before moving in which can be a bit more time consuming. Now I personally...
  17. Dragonite Postal Service

Damn that will be tough! I'm waiting for a few weeks for the guide to come out. 0 spoilers to the story or anything but I noticed the game looks really good on dock, even better than handheld which is surprising.
  18. Dragonite Postal Service

So it's been out for more than 12 hours here in Aus (we had a mightnight launch in Sydney) so many people are already paying the game. What are your impressions so far?
  19. Dragonite Postal Service

Gyms Speculation Thread

Considering they have major and minor league gyms, I hope this also affect the Elite 4 too. After we complete the 8 Major league gyms, we could get a Top 16 tournament before the E4 instead which would be fun!
  20. Dragonite Postal Service

Pokemon Amiibo Photography

Thank you for the compliments :) I’ll keep my eye for your photos! Practice makes perfect and I’m sure your images are great too :giggle: