• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Hidden Mew

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

It would be pretty cool to see Ash's SM team, if only for them to interact with his current team members. I don't know if they'll finally let him start using his reserve Pokemon, but getting some interactions between Ash and his SM team would be nice, especially when he didn't have a proper...
  2. Hidden Mew

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

[/spoiler]
  3. Hidden Mew

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

4. Hidden Mew

Preview M23: Koko

I live in the U.S. and movies being released on Christmas isn't really a new thing either. I never went to a theater on Christmas day, but I remember plenty of trailers for movies being released on that date and I've heard of families who would go to theaters for Christmas too. I really doubt...
  5. Hidden Mew

Preview M23: Koko

That trailer looked pretty cool. The relationship between Zarude and Coco already sounds really interesting and I really like Ash's outfit. The forest looks so beautiful too. I wasn't expecting a Christmas release date, but I'm sure a lot of families would want to go out to the movies. Plus, it...
  6. Hidden Mew

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I have nine thousand free gems, so I'm tempted to try to get Steven or Lyra, especially when I don't have a lot of Fairy types as it is. But I'm also not sure if I want to risk getting low on gems again. If we knew what Sync Pair would be available for the first year anniversary, maybe it would...
  7. Hidden Mew

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

I think that's a case of splitting hairs. Dawn was also a co-protagonist, but she was still considered a companion character too. Being a co-protagonist means that Goh gets more focus than say a character like Brock or Cilan typically would, but I don't think that means that he isn't a...
  8. Hidden Mew

I think that you get two hundred stamina points just for logging into the game. That still might make it more difficult once the special login bonus ends, but I assume that they'll still make it relatively easy to collect stamina and level up. It's still much easier and faster to get through the...
  9. Hidden Mew

First of all, I did read Kurolegacy's post before responding to yours. I should also emphasize that I don't think Kurolegacy's idea was bad in the slightest. I think that doing something like that could have helped in giving Goh a more clear personal conflict, especially when that line from...
  10. Hidden Mew

I think that you're assuming too much about the writers here. Regardless about how you feel about this series, writing for a weekly animated series, or really any kind of series, takes time, effort and there is pressure from deadlines. Even if you don't like the idea behind the episode or how it...
  11. Hidden Mew

I don't think that's a fair towards the writers. Fans don't have to worry about deadlines, executive mandates, or really any of the work that comes with making a weekly animated series. That isn't to say that the writers are perfect or their decisions shouldn't be questioned. Each series has its...
  12. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Considering that Chloe doesn't get much screentime as it is, I don't have much faith that she'd get any meaningful role or screentime within a movie. Not to mention Goh being featured within a movie could be too controversial among fans at this point. Personally, I'm fine with the AU movies. I...
  13. Hidden Mew

So far, I'm liking the updated system, especially with the Skip Tickets. Since they've been handing out Stamina and Skip Tickets, I was able to farm for level up manuals without grinding, so that alone is wonderful. I also didn't realize that they had altered the level up mechanics since now you...
  14. Hidden Mew

Current/Ongoing Events [Currently: Double Trouble/Bug Type Egg Event]

I haven't been doing much of the Bug Egg event, mainly because I was doing other events in both this and other games, but I still managed to hatch a Shiny Pinsir without even trying for it. That was pretty neat. I'm hoping to get a Shiny Scyther during the last day of the event. It's the only...
  15. Hidden Mew

Do you think Journeys is Ash's Swan Song?

I really can't see that. It's more plausible than replacing Ash, but I don't know if I could see Goh lasting for multiple series. While he isn't an eighth generation character from the games, his main partner is Raboot and Sobble might be featured more frequently as well, so he is still tied to...
  16. Hidden Mew

Do you think Journeys is Ash's Swan Song?

I don't think that the failure of the XY movies have anything to do with the direction of the anime itself. They most likely were at least a factor as to why they've been doing something different with the movies since I Choose You, but I don't think that the box office results would necessarily...
  17. Hidden Mew

I only tried out a bit of the Stamina System last night and it seemed pretty good. I like that there are areas to get more Sync Grid Orbs and most areas didn't take a lot of Stamina either. I don't know how much it will impact the events, but making the game less of a huge grid is nice and they...
  18. Hidden Mew

Sync Pair Scouting thread

I actually got Plumeria, but I effectively had to pay to get her given that it was the result of the special five star Sync Pair scouting event. Maybe I should have gone with Lyra instead, but I wanted Plumeria and I was tired of not getting her after two events where I seemingly had a better...
  19. Hidden Mew

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I caught a lot of Shiny Pokemon last week, even before Go Fest. I caught two Shiny Oddish. One was during the spotlight hour and the second one was about an hour later, so that was neat. I caught a Shiny Bellsprout. I was really happy about that considering I really wanted one after seeing what...
  20. Hidden Mew

What would you rate Journeys/PM 2019 so far on a scale of 1-10?

Even though I've seen only a small amount of episodes compared to what has aired in Japan, I think I'd still give the series a 7/10 or 7.5/10 based on what I've seen. Pros: I like that Ash hasn't had a noticeable downgrade and even his first official trainer battle was really solid. I've only...