• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Time Breaker

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I agree, though I should clarify that I'm referring specifically to words that are unaltered from their original spelling (obviously aside from, say, Japanese words being romanized).
  2. Time Breaker

So... how would y'all answer someone claiming you're pronouncing a particular word incorrectly when you're actually using the correct pronunciation (generally with foreign words, i.e. ninja)? In other words, you say the word correctly, and they call you one thing or another and complain that...
  3. Time Breaker

Which manga in particular? :P
  4. Time Breaker

I know next to nothing about them, but if what I've gathered from various places is anything to go by, it's a fic that ships the reader ("you") with a character in said fic. That's as much as I understand, though.
  5. Time Breaker

A small tidbit from one of my lessons in school today: I feel like this is really important to remember, whether you're reviewing a story, or even just watching a show or reading a book. Always view the characters as characters.
  6. Time Breaker

Probably somewhere around #1... :P If it's not a graphic novel of some sort, I'll only occasionally pick one up to flip around, but I haven't read through a book in years (I last left off in the middle of The Hobbit, which is, of course, a novel). That doesn't have an effect on my liking of...
  7. Time Breaker

Well, unfortunately it looks like I won't make it into the URPG contest after all... seeing as literally all I jotted down were two characters and a few bullet points on my outline. Even so, a big ol' "Thank you" to @AceTrainer14 is in order for the encouragement he consistently offered! I'll...
  8. Time Breaker

Oof... I had it in my mind all last week, and completely forgot for the last few days. ...Bah, who says 1000-4000 words can't be written in less than a week with school and all the pre-writing preparations and the proofreading? No pressure! I'll do it! I WILL!
  9. Time Breaker

Like the word "Pokémon" being a term for Pokémon; in other words, any terms not exceeding one word (unlike, say, Poké Ball, which is two words) that are relatively lengthy. Though I'd assume there wouldn't be many since everyone's so punny around here. :P Why not just go in-depth on your honest...
  10. Time Breaker

...aaaand I just noticed I wrote "still" twice in my last sentence. See, kids, this is why you proofread! :P On a random note, and out of curiousity, has anyone come up with any considerably lengthy one-word terms for their stories?
  11. Time Breaker

The contest sounds like fun, but I'm not confident in my ability (or rather, motivation) to write 1000-4000 words before May 12th... especially since my birthday's not long before then. :p Still, even in the more-than-likely event I don't participate, I'm still looking forward to the results! :)
  12. Time Breaker

Reading the end first would ruin the book more than if you read it through to the "bad ending". Take mystery novels, for example. If you read the last chapter or two first and then started over, there'd be little to no tension during the plot because you know how it's resolved in advance. Also...
  13. Time Breaker

I've always thought this way about Shinies. I'd just say, "Do you really need it?" I mean, not to be impolite or discourage any Shiny-hunters, of course. Feel free to do that sort of thing if it's your... thing. :P
  14. Time Breaker

I keep each chapter in a folder along with some other documents related to the story; I always have! In other words, keeping them all in one document is new to me. Also, am I the only one that writes my chapters well under the length of a book chapter? I'm thinking I'll go a bit longer with my...
  15. Time Breaker

My "childhood" pet is my current one... so that'd be Sarah Heights. Which doesn't even work because I'm a male. ...wonderful.
  16. Time Breaker

They must not like anime dubs very much, then. :P
  17. Time Breaker

Planning to mess around in Fun and Games here on Bulbagarden, but that's about it, really. My memory's never been good enough to do an all-day April Fool's joke, unfortunately.
  18. Time Breaker

Totally agree with this. Some topics are like time capsules if they're old or long enough! Also, I should clarify, those threads over in the aforementioned other forum aren't deleted if they're necroposted in, they're just locked. The staff members just recommend the creation of a new topic on...
  19. Time Breaker

On a different forum (that I'm currently on hiatus from), they don't allow necroposting because there may be users in those threads that aren't around anymore, or users that hold different opinions now than what was expressed in that thread (especially if the topic is several years old). That...
  20. Time Breaker

I've gotten way too deep into the habit of speaking this word as it's written that it took me at least two seconds to remember how it's properly pronounced.