• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. GastlyGibus

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Oh yeah, that was another thing that pleasantly surprised me, the decent representation from all the generations. Usually with these kinds of things I expect a ton of gen 1 fanservice, which I can understand, since that's the one people remember most fondly, but they put in a whole bunch of 'mon...
  2. GastlyGibus

So has anybody seen the new Detective Pikachu movie yet? I just got back from the theater, I'm actually quite impressed with how it turned out. I was expecting some kind of cheap Hollywood cash-grab on a popular franchise, as Hollywood is prone to do, but the movie was handled quite well in my...
  3. GastlyGibus

With stories of that nature, symbolic victories are entirely possible, i.e. you don't have to completely defeat the bad guy(s) to resolve the conflict, and you can even leave it open-ended, but on a point where there's now a much better outlook for the protagonists. Think about the original...
  4. GastlyGibus

I don't know if this will help you, since it kind of sounds like the problem you're having, but for me, I've always felt that working backwards in a story helps me. As in, start with an ending, and then figure out how they got to that point. It's kind of like traveling; you start with your...
  5. GastlyGibus

I return from New York, and I am happy to report that Meshuggah did not disappoint. That was, without a single, solitary doubt, the greatest concert I've ever seen in my life. Demiurge as the encore made me scream at the top of my lungs, as did everybody else in the venue! XD And to think I was...
  6. GastlyGibus

Hello, person I've never met. Welcome back! :D (p.s. the link in your signature is broken. :P)
  7. GastlyGibus

Covers the hole with cement so Instrutilus can't come back in. Laughs maniacally. Also, welcome back, Ace. Have a good time on vacay?
  8. GastlyGibus

So I finally bought my concert and bus tickets for Thursday. I may end up having to go myself, but what the hell, I'll be in NYC. I'm sure I can find something to entertain myself until the concert. I planned it so I'd have the whole day to do things, go to the concert at night, and then catch...
  9. GastlyGibus

Gosh, it's like I have to spoon-feed you guys good puns... :V
  10. GastlyGibus

Alright, give me your terrible pun book. You're not allowed to have it anymore! Come on, fork it over.
  11. GastlyGibus

Stick a fork in it, you guys!
  12. GastlyGibus

Did you one better. :P
  13. GastlyGibus

The trainer you grew up with, sixty years later. See an all new side of pokemon you've never witnessed before! Has Ash finally become competent? DId he ever beat the pokemon league? Will he ever pay Misty back for her bike? Find the answer to all of these questions and more, in "Ash Ketchum: 60...
  14. GastlyGibus

Shh! That's an insider secret! Nobody is supposed to know yet!
  15. GastlyGibus

60 years from now, Ash will be retired, sitting out on his porch swing, pikachu sitting beside him, when out in the distance, a shadowy figure appears. His once happy expression melts into disdain and fear, the figure casting horrible glares at him as it inches ever closer. And as the distance...
  16. GastlyGibus

Or just... the ordering is arbitrary and based on which games came out first? I mean, why on earth would they remake the national dex for every new release? It's a pain in the ass. It's easier to just leave it as is, because it's already quite pointless. There is no rhyme or reason beyond "this...
  17. GastlyGibus

is brought back to consciousness from Instrutilus I do apologize. Just the sight of that amazing, glorious, wonderful, awe-inspiring owl seemed to have made me a bit... over excited. xD But yes, I very much like it. Primarina kind of disappointed me, mostly because I was kind of expecting a...
  18. GastlyGibus

Decidueye.... my word.... Popplio, I'm sorry. I still love you, I promise, but... DECIDUEYE IS SO REFINED AND DIGNIFIED! Move over, Snivy, we've got a new contender for the name of "smugleaf!" Ahhhhh I love it! faints recovers from fainting, hastily scribbling note to have Decidueye appear in...
  19. GastlyGibus

I don't review terribly often (though that is something I'm trying to change) but when I do, I just write what I feel as I'm reading it. I'll highlight and quote bits I like or bits that I need to make a point, and just kind of write the whole thing stream-of-consciousness style. Admittedly, it...
  20. GastlyGibus

The only organizing of the pokedex I'd like to see is taking the Nidoran line and take away the separate entries for male and female. I understand why they did it, what with the limitations of the early technology, but now we do have different forms of pokemon under the same entry, such as...