• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. J

Can't Wait Till 6pm! "Pocket Monsters": A Timeless Anime

First thoughts upon seeing thumbnail: View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHkx9P19hg
  2. J

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Ugh... Even more prominence given to the Rocket Gachat during the OP, and now it's even got cutesie emoticons on its display, maybe this is to give it more character? I hope they won't give that thing a voice down the line.
  3. J

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

*looks at Komori* Oh my, that certainly is a character design alright.
  4. J

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

5. J

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

6. J

News Pocket Monsters (2019) Opening 1 "One, Two, Three"

Leon will also be featured in this version: View: https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1292015190544809986 Who's ready for a champion time?;)
  7. J

Since this is before Ash's match with Bea, I'm assuming that Ash still wins his PWC match this episode, which would probably mean his ranking this episode will be his highest for at least a few episodes. Also, this is probably the first time that a particular Nurse Joy has reappeared so many...
  8. J

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitō! The Threatening Otosupus!!

I thought that scene was a picture or flashback of her back in her own gym, which is which we saw all those Pokemon of hers on hand
  9. J

Preview JN036: Satoshi and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!

Ash's Charmander used Flamethrower in its first episode, a move it learns at Level 38 in Gen I Levels don't mean much in the anime
  10. J

Preview M23: Koko

Everyone is focusing on how this movie is a psuedo-remake of M4; but now that we got more details about M23, it seems more that this movie borrows elements from M3 and M4. M3 has a (not real) legendary act as a surrogate parent to a child, while M4 obviously has the Celebi and forest thing...
  11. J

Jigoku is literally "Ground Prison", so... ..."Sand Ground Prison"? *shrugs*
  12. J

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu

The writers are gonna do none of that and give Pikachu Zippy Zap instead /s But seriously, since the anime has seemingly put forth the concept of switching movesets easily between battles via Leon's Charizard, they should let Ash's Pikachu relearn some old moves or even learn new moves for...
  13. J

Current/Ongoing Events [Currently: Double Trouble/Bug Type Egg Event]

I also got a shiny Scyther! Hopefully we get to evolve it, since shiny Scizor is way cooler.
  14. J

I get it, I'm just kidding with you. My translations are based on the Chinese translation of the original Japanese text anyways, so it would be better to wait for a direct translation
  15. J

Preview M23: Koko

So from the Twitter text, it seems that this movie will be focusing on the relationship between parent and child. Guess that's why they had that scene of Ash talking back to Delia in the short trailer.
  16. J

Is my translation not good enough for you :cry:
  17. J

Since the Chinese translation has also come out, I'll just help tidy up the summary a bit: Ever since his battle with Bea, Ash has not been performing well in official battles. Meanwhile, a strange huge sandstorm has appeared in Mauville City in the Hoenn region; it has been said that the...
  18. J

Since the Chinese translation has also come out, I'll just help tidy up the summary a bit: Ash and Go have arrived at the "Pokemon Exchange Event" being held at the Pokemon Center in Vermillion City. There they meet the self-proclaimed "Sinnoh's Bug Moe Queen" Koromi, a trainer who wants...
  19. J

Can't Wait Till 6pm! "Pocket Monsters": A Timeless Anime

"Can't Wait Till We Show You Our First Pokemon Main Series Episode without Ash or Pikachu!" I swear, if the so-called special just tells us info on ever-decreasing screentime for Ash and Pikachu... As for realistic expectations, they are probably going to hype up the new opening, and give us a...
  20. J

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

So no Ash, Pikachu, or TRio huh, didn't know we're getting new episodes of Pokemon Chronicles /s