• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. J Jay

Pokémon Bank to Distribute Hidden Ability Legendary Golems: Regi trio distribution begins...

Yeah, or at least I haven't seen anything precluding a region from getting these as long as you have an active Bank account (hehe).
  2. J Jay

Music What music are you currently listening to?

Blackstar - David Bowie, which becomes even more poignant when you realize he must have known it was going to be his swansong. What an album to bow out on. RIP.
  3. J Jay

Lf: HA swinub

That Landorus will do for me. I'll need to fetch it from my Y game (IGN: Jay) but whenever you see me online I'll be ready to trade. I'll get the Swinub ready ASAP, tonight (10PM - 1AM GMT) if possible but if not let me know when you're available.
  4. J Jay

Lf: HA swinub

I can do that. What more can you say about the Landorus/Deoxys?
  5. J Jay

GEN VI: FT: Sly Zoroark + extras LF: Galileo Rayquaza

Hey, sorry again for not getting online, but I'm finally home and with my 3DS so I've been able to add you. I'll now idle whenever I can so if you see me online feel free to send the TR. Edit - Trade done, many thanks for the Galileo Rayquaza.
  6. J Jay

So you're seven hours behind me (I'm GMT), would that be MST? IIRC daylight savings stopped in America at the beginning of November, so if I'm right you're not on the west coast. Anyway, I've had a busy week dumped on me so I've not been on the 3DS since you replied. I'll try to get online...
  7. J Jay

I can do HA Murkrow as well, it has four egg moves and some IVs on it. Just checked my bank and the Purrloin is actually 4IV male, sassy and only has Foul Play as an egg move, but it sounds like you can take care of that. So HA Purrloin & HA Murkrow for the event Rayquaza is good for you? If it...
  8. J Jay

You're willing to trade an event shiny Rayquaza for a HA Purrloin/Liepard? Forgive me for presuming, but that's a very good trade for me and I want to make sure I've got this correct. I have a Jolly HA Purrloin (female Heall Ball, if you're into matching balls and pokémon colours) with 5IV and...
  9. J Jay

I've got a spare Sly Zoroark code for trade. It's a UK code but it should work on all PAL games. I can also redeem it for anyone who doesn't have a PAL game - I'm prepared to soft reset for nature but not for IVs. I'm looking for an untouched Galileo Rayquaza; PAL preferred but NA is fine. I...
  10. J Jay

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I've been pleasantly surprised that for all the Zygarde talk I've not seen many "final form" memes being banded about. That doesn't stop Perfect Cellgarde from being an eyesore though, it looks like something a 10-year old Go Nagai would have doodled on the margin of a class notebook. Sticking...
  11. J Jay

Anime Is there any anime that you dislike?

I try hard to understand where a series is coming from even I vehemently disagree with the reasons or execution, so there aren't many anime I actively dislike. Unless they're directed by Akiyuki Shinbo. As hard as I try I simply cannot understand the appeal of anything he has ever worked on...
  12. J Jay

Japanese Shiny Genesect For English Shiny Genesect

Was it not possible to redeem the Genesect on a non-Japanese (or Korean) DS? If it was a wondercard event then that should be doable but it's the only way you'd get an English shiny Genesect because as pointed out about, it was an event exclusive to Japan and Korea.
  13. J Jay

GEN VI: HA (Snow Warning) Amaura and Custap Berry

That would be perfect, thanks. I'm online until midnight tonight (GMT).
  14. J Jay

No problem. There were no females anyway - not that I should be surprised by this. I'm not fussed about what you trade in return, but if you have four egg move leftovers of any of these I'd appreciate it: Sandshrew Carnivine Drowzee Sunkern Spinarak Remoraid Wingull Kricketot Geodude Glameow...
  15. J Jay

Well I've not bred any yet (busy week...) so I'll have one for you pretty soon. I'm going for Timid but if I get a female in the first batch I will add Discharge so you have that choice as well.
  16. J Jay

Smogon bans and suspect tests discussion

From looking at the thread while there was certainly a lot of blind theorycrafting early on, once people started laddering they tended to see the error of their ways. That's not to say that there isn't a problem with newer members naively accepting veterans' opinions (because there is) but I...
  17. J Jay

I've got HA Amaura if you still want one. Well I actually got it yesterday but let's not talk about that. I'll only be able to breed it this evening so tell me if you want it timid or modest (or anything else). It already has four egg moves (no Discharge) and I can't be bothered breeding a 7:1...
  18. J Jay

Smogon bans and suspect tests discussion

As long and as well as I've known Smogon - which admittedly isn't much in either respect - they've defined a "healthy" metagame as one which isn't overly centralized and is frequently updated with respect to teambuilding options. Letting Giratina-O into OU would be sacrificing the former for the...
  19. J Jay

shiny mew for trade

That may have been the case for a couple of days when Nintendo were updating the servers in readiness for OR/AS, and somebody spotted that (hacked) Hoopa got past the GTS checks. But it can't happen now as I understand it unless at the very least the Hoopa has had its ribbon removed - as an...
  20. J Jay

shiny mew for trade

Hoopa can't be traded either via GTS, Wonder Trade or direct trading with a friend. Trust me, I tried this just yesterday with another person on this forum. The only way to get one on your game would be to hack it in.