• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Arkadelphiak

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have my trusty iPhone at the ready, so I jot down concepts or sudden bursts of inspiration in the Notes app. Those incidents generally happen in the middle of class or while I'm doing work.
  2. Arkadelphiak

Now I've got to know what happened, my dude. Were you overclocking?
  3. Arkadelphiak

Congratulations, @Legacy!! them's fightin words, m80
  4. Arkadelphiak

For what it's worth, the premise for The Deprogramming came to me in a dream years ago. But, like Pavell said, it took a while to refine the raw idea. Most people don't leap out of bed and start hammering out an entire novel (including complex thematic details). So, yeah, don't let your dreams...
  5. Arkadelphiak

AYYYYYYYYY GUYS In other news, education is hard and so is life. How has everyone been?
  6. Arkadelphiak

Oooh. If you can't take the eyelid inversion, you would definitely have a problem with the LASIK procedure. Frankly, I think you should use contacts as a stepping stone. Most of the fear (which I too, dealt with as a kid) can be assuaged by getting familiar with touching your eyes. Inserting is...
  7. Arkadelphiak

For what it's worth, I would recommend starting with soft (NOT hard gas-permeable) contact lenses (unless you have bad astigmatism). I've worn contacts for many years and never had problems. The only real issue I run into is accidentally falling asleep with them in, but that's more of a "dang it...
  8. Arkadelphiak

In other news, I've watched some clips of Shrek 2 (about ten years after I first watched it as a child), and MAN is it a cinematic masterpiece. I could not appreciate that level of artistry (or adult jokes) at such a young age.
  9. Arkadelphiak

10. Arkadelphiak

This is what happens when you bet AceTrainer14 that you can make hilariously bad fan art of Alaska x Latios:
  11. Arkadelphiak

Terrible Nanu x Reader fan fiction + text-to-speech on Discord + alcohol = hysterical laughter C A N C O N F I R M
  12. Arkadelphiak

In other news, Nanu x Reader fan fiction is a thing. It's so horrifying that it's hysterical.
  13. Arkadelphiak

My best writing occurs around 3:00 am after I've procrastinated on my work/studies/etc all day. There's no writing quite like that.
  14. Arkadelphiak

Lol hey guys, it's been a while. How have you all been? Got anything new in the works?
  15. Arkadelphiak

16. Arkadelphiak

HNNNNNNRGH DID SOMEONE MENTION SAMURAI JACK I've waited twelve years for this and I don't plan on doing any solid critique until I've seen the entire thing. I've been riding this hype train for months. And given that Mako Iwamatsu can't ever be replaced (though Greg Baldwin is doing his best)...
  17. Arkadelphiak

Have you tried using Pocket? I don't use it for saving forum posts, but it's excellent and works on multiple devices. not a pocket shill i promise
  18. Arkadelphiak

I'm late to this party, but: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE—— And then the murders began. . . . 10/10, would read. And I have something planned for April Fool's Day. R I P P E R O N I
  19. Arkadelphiak

Can we hear your justification for a lack of Thursday? I really want to see your rationale, ha.
  20. Arkadelphiak

Then who has the keys? The plot thickens!