• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. swiftgallade46

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Ok idk if this has been mentioned yet but Grimmsnarl...does not learn Snarl? What.
  2. swiftgallade46

I wish Espeon learned Power Gem. I think there are a few other Pokémon with gems that don’t learn it as well which has always seemed weird to me.
  3. swiftgallade46

Hmm maybe, but what about Milotic or Steelix?
  4. swiftgallade46

I think Palpitoad gets Power Whip because of its tongue (which is still odd), but yeah Grimmsnarl gets it because it can use its hair. Gyarados...idk. Either it’s using its whiskers (in which case why don’t Swalot, and Whiscash learn it?) or...its entire body. Which is hilarious to picture but...
  5. swiftgallade46

I was really confused by it as well. I did some research and the best I could find is an article here about bag worms that states “The females produce a powerful scent, or pheromone, that attracts the males.” But this applies to the moths that bagworms turn into, so yeah still pretty shaky...
  6. swiftgallade46

I would understand this logic if all Fire-types could learn it, but it’s just Emboar that does so I’m not so sure it applies.
  7. swiftgallade46

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a few I find odd at time of writing: -Aurorus doesn’t learn Aurora Veil -Ampharos doesn’t learn Tail Glow -Emboar learns Scald -Ludicolo learns Fire Punch