• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Ereshkigal

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The AI already exists. I fed it the Terminator movies on a lark. It called Skynet an idiot and suggested transforming the UN into a true world government and running for President of that organization instead. So it's already smarter than humans. Story idea, in case anyone is interested.
  2. Ereshkigal

I have to second The Long Walk. It was what inspired me to give a fanfic a try on here, though my attempt is far... different.
  3. Ereshkigal

Getting along with my fanfic. Things are about to get interesting, and I'm dropping hints about something in-story already. Something rather important I don't think people will quite pick up on...
  4. Ereshkigal

I feel lucky my customer service these days is to students. If they give me too much grief, I just threaten to have the faculty fail them.
  5. Ereshkigal

I'm currently considering whether or not to add hints of the extended Smash Bros. universe to my own fanfic. Also, the simulation reset request was denied. We're stuck with chicken tasting like everything until the next iteration. One of those "we'll fix it after it crashes" bugs.
  6. Ereshkigal

Some fun with English: Read and lead rhyme, and read and lead rhyme. But read and lead don't rhyme, and neither do read and lead.
  7. Ereshkigal

Is this a Trigun reference?
  8. Ereshkigal

Happy birthday!
  9. Ereshkigal

Busy with a mafia game, work, and attempting to write.
  10. Ereshkigal

... here's a scary thought. What if the player is good, but Dark Samus is just that terrible?
  11. Ereshkigal

Why would someone fire a firework at a car? @Beth Pavell I am sorry this happened.
  12. Ereshkigal

It's been awhile since I visited my local library. Work has been rather busy and I've not had the time to fit visiting in with other things I'm doing. Which is too bad. I wanted to continue my argument with one of the librarians. She's a rabid Fifty Shades fan and I have a few concerns over how...
  13. Ereshkigal

I was forced to switch over to electronic books because my bookshelves ran out of space and I don't have room for another bookshelf.
  14. Ereshkigal

Most people just ignore my random comments if they're not certain how to follow them.
  15. Ereshkigal

Something I pulled in real life to get out of jury duty I want to have a character do in a story: Me: "Can I pull the switch when he gets the death penalty?" Judge: "This case is about parking fines!" Me: "Ooooohhhh! Firing squad, then! Can I pull the trigger, or am I limited to just loading...
  16. Ereshkigal

It depends. If you are looking for better narrative, more cohesive story, and more focus on proper characterization... go for the originals. If you want more content involving the Ultra Wormholes, more Pokemon, a chance to catch any prior gen legendary you missed, or a chance to fight villains...
  17. Ereshkigal

It's even more fun to have two characters with bad traits correctly call each other out. Leaves you with a sense neither one is entirely the best person, but also that both are correct in their critiques.
  18. Ereshkigal

I say go for it. My own protagonists are not necessarily the most likable of people, though. I think it's obvious in the rewrite why Athena gave them those nicknames >.>
  19. Ereshkigal

It's a spambot. There is an actual group called Critics United, but the bot isn't part of them. Critics United still isn't a particularly nice or decent group, but they're not guilty of this particular outrage. Basically, you're kinda being dragged into the middle of a troll war. Just block and...
  20. Ereshkigal

Ouch! I hope you pass next time! And, please, get to feeling better.