• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Lord Kyuubi

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Hello Ace, it's good to see you again. I'm not doing so badly for myself these days, lockdown has me working with rather less human interaction than usual, like everyone else at the moment, but otherwise things are okay. Hope you're doing well too.
  2. Lord Kyuubi

Sounds a fascinating idea, best of luck to you!
  3. Lord Kyuubi

I'm struggling to get back into Three Houses myself. I loved Crimson Flower, but playing Verdant Wind afterwards felt quite weak by comparison, I rather lost interest some months ago. I should get back to that.
  4. Lord Kyuubi

There's an International Fanworks Day? I wasn't even aware. Is anything usually done to mark the occasion, or is does it end up as another of those days that slip by unnoticed?
  5. Lord Kyuubi

Anyone else find themselves writing best at odd and frankly inopportune times, and finding it very difficult when it's most convenient? I seem to have developed a habit of writing better on my tablet in bed last thing in the evening than at any other time.
  6. Lord Kyuubi

That sounds a curious idea. The words 'social' and 'event' are not generally ones I like to see together, but I hope it goes well for you anyway. Good luck!
  7. Lord Kyuubi

By presenting it in a way that makes sense and is internally consistent both with itself, and with the overall themes and tones of your setting. If you want to portray the PC boxes as a fun virtual world or something, then a caring trainer might wish their Pokemon a good time before leaving them...
  8. Lord Kyuubi

I may have worded that poorly, I'd thought it would be clear I was referring to them as their characters, but perhaps not. Either way, the test hopefully should serve its purpose and still feel right when the situation comes up. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days. On an unrelated note, I...
  9. Lord Kyuubi

Well, I use a similar calculation system, but with different dice. For a while I was tempted to go 3D6, since that gives a nice 'bell curve' to its results, rather than extreme results being equally likely as moderate ones, and therefore puts more stress on what bonuses and modifiers a character...
  10. Lord Kyuubi

I would agree with that from an RPG perspective, yes. My background has more roots in design than as a GM or player so that was the point of view I was approaching it from. The general gist of what I've done so far is more along the lines of 'How to identify what number and kinds of dice are...
  11. Lord Kyuubi

Hadn't heard of Numenéra myself, but I've been reading bits and pieces about it since you two mentioned it. Looks quite interesting, I may have to take a closer look if possible. In other news, I've been toying with the idea of conducting a 'study of dice maths', or something like that...
  12. Lord Kyuubi

I'm running an odd, technically incomplete system that I've been making for nearly three years now. Only got two players at the moment, plus another friend who's waiting until the system's 'complete'. It works a little better than that might sound. Essentially it started with me attempting a...
  13. Lord Kyuubi

Very nicely done, I still haven't managed to get my players organised again after everyone was busy in December. Excuse my curiousity, but what system do you run?
  14. Lord Kyuubi

I like these shorter days. When they start getting longer again, the sun shines straight onto my computer screen in the evening (and all afternoon when it gets to summer proper), which is a bit inconvenient. That aside, apparently there's going to be a new Pokemon Direct in a couple of days'...
  15. Lord Kyuubi

And the same to you! How are you these days? I've been back here a short while now. The writers of today seem to tolerate me for the most part so I'm likely here to stay again.
  16. Lord Kyuubi

Goodness gracious, I think I've seen a ghost. Hello, ghost, it's good to see you again.
  17. Lord Kyuubi

In that case, why were you up at 1AM? Go to bed.
  18. Lord Kyuubi

Happy new year, everyone! I was trying to think of something witty to write here, but it went midnight before I had thought of anything, so I'm just going to wish you all well instead.
  19. Lord Kyuubi

I'm incredibly poor at naming pretty much anything, so I tend to put off giving anything a title for as long as possible. Most of my works are just saved as 'The one with these characters', or 'The one where a Leafeon goes into town', or something along those lines because it works for me and...
  20. Lord Kyuubi

Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope you all have a good time, whether you've got big celebrations or just a fairly simple day lined up.