• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Tactician Karina

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

She was, people were just getting the feel for her when she dropped. She's fun but definitely a character you need to get used to and put the effort in if you want to main her, pretty much the current consensus for now is that muscle memory is a pain when using her due to her unique kit but...
  2. Tactician Karina

It'll probably never happen, but I'd love to have Valkyrie from Adventure of Valkyrie and it's sequel for Namco. Agree with Yokai Watch, I'd have expected at least a Jibanyan spirit.
  3. Tactician Karina

Well anything is possible, if they do decide to still add in new characters then I can maybe see like three more at most. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is the final pass, it'd be nice to give the game much needed rest after this imo.
  4. Tactician Karina

If this article is anything to go by, then yes this is the last of the DLC content for Ultimate. And honestly that's fine by me, anymore characters added after this would make the roster more bloated.
  5. Tactician Karina

I'm a ditz, I forgot about the new Mii costumes as well:
  6. Tactician Karina

Surprised this wasn't posted yet since it dropped 14 hours ago, but the ARMS character is Min Min:
  7. Tactician Karina

There were also similar reactions from Japanese fans to Little Mac as well during Smash 4 character reveals. There were a few "who?" comments and most were confused Punch Out got promoted to having a playable rep., and some assumed he was put in for American fans.
  8. Tactician Karina

If true then I'm holding out more hope for Akira Howard (both twins) from Astral Chain to be playable, also having the music in Smash would be freaking amazing.
  9. Tactician Karina

Exactly, and the whole point of the fighter packs is that it comes with a new fighter, stage, spirits, and music. If you have a stage for a new character being rep'ed, but no music with it, that's a rip-off of people's money when you expect everything the creator says will be in the pack.
  10. Tactician Karina

Apparently Doom Eternal's director mentioned about banter between them that pretty much went nowhere, so yeah the chances of Doomguy even getting in is pretty much zero. And the plagiarism issue is a pretty big deal, now I don't know if that happened in any other games in the series as well...
  11. Tactician Karina

To be honest I wouldn't mind not seeing another Pokémon rep either, but if we even do get one I think it's best to assume it'll probably be one of the SWSH starters, or Sakurai could always pull a Pichu/Piranha Plant situation if he wants another "joke" fighter that's also a gen VIII rep. Unless...
  12. Tactician Karina

I mean it's possible they'll add a SWSH starter, but we'll have to wait and see if they decide to add a new Pokémon fighter for the second pass.
  13. Tactician Karina

Been playing Byleth for a couple of minutes recently after the update, really love male!Byleth's Dimitri and Claude alt colors even more. Also Garreg Mach is now my new favorite stage, though I'm still sad Felix, Sylvain, Linhardt, Ferdinand, and Hubert aren't background characters, but finally...
  14. Tactician Karina

The starters have a higher chance of getting in over Dracovish. And why Dracovish of all gen VIII 'mons anyway? I don't think Sakurai really cares that much what Pokémon is commonly used in competitive.
  15. Tactician Karina

Honestly the hate and overreaction for Byleth is quite tiring and annoying. It's one thing to be disappointed and not like their inclusion, fine, but sending Sakurai death threats, telling him to quit over this, and even attacking fans of FE and people happy for Byleth as a fighter is too much...
  16. Tactician Karina

Please no, some mobile game spinoffs can be fun (like FE Heroes for me) but I'm sure most of the Smash community would pretty much hate this idea, and I personally wouldn't enjoy it either.
  17. Tactician Karina

This is a minor nitpick, but looking at the Garreg Mach Monastery stage again I'm surprised that Felix isn't a background character with Dimitri, I get Lorenz and Hilda with Claude and Petra with Edelgard, but I'd assume they'd add Felix with Dedue (instead of Ingrid) since having them both...
  18. Tactician Karina

They could've added in Alm and/or Celica from Gaiden, both still use swords but Celica can also use magic and Alm does gain access to a bow after promotion, though I'd assume it'd be odd to only add one of the lords from Gaiden instead of both for obvious reasons (also they'd probably just make...
  19. Tactician Karina

I kind of called it so I'm very happy for Byleth's inclusion (especially with Three Houses big success, so I kind of expected it), and their moveset is very unique so they'll probably be my secondary. Though I still wished it could have been Dimitri or Claude instead, but Byleth was gonna be an...
  20. Tactician Karina

Reimu with Fantasy Heaven as her Final Smash would be so cool to see, or even Marisa with Master Spark as her FS would be just as cool. I'd also love to see Youmu as playable even though I know it'd be unlikely, seeing her as a spirit at least would be enough for me. I'm hoping for the twin...