• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Nitro Indigo

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I was just thinking about your reply, and it reminded me of a scene in Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil where a character says you don't need a reason to save the world. Also, should I rejoin the Discord server? I only used the writing channel there, and I was still mostly an observer because I feel...
  2. Nitro Indigo

I'm watching the latest episode of chuggaaconroy's Rescue Team DX let's play, and he says (about Sun and Moon) that "you don't need world-ending melodrama to tell a compelling story." That's good advice. Several of my original fantasy story ideas have gotten stuck because I felt like I had to...
  3. Nitro Indigo

The quote comes from my roleswap contest on Fimfiction, which I started because I wanted to see more roleswaps there. I don't think anyone here likes My Little Pony except canisaries. Also, I realised the other week that I like prompts. They help me write quickly without worrying that my...
  4. Nitro Indigo

@Greninjaman I'm just going to copy-paste something I wrote on Fimfiction.
  5. Nitro Indigo

Does anyone know of any good roleswap fanfics? Not just Pokémon roleswaps, but roleswaps in general.
  6. Nitro Indigo

I finished a multi-chapter fanfic for the first time two weeks ago, and I wanted to continue writing, but I've been affected by burnout over the past few days. I started writing an MLP oneshot and planning an Animal Crossing one, but I've lost my trains of thought for both, especially the...
  7. Nitro Indigo

@Daren Maybe one Pokémon keeps asking questions about humanity, another resents humans...
  8. Nitro Indigo

Cylindrical. Domed. Squat. Ornate.
  9. Nitro Indigo

I've wanted to write a fanfic involving my favourite Pokémon as a present to myself for a while, but I've lacked the inspiration.
  10. Nitro Indigo

Have you ever heard of a Pokémon fanartist called Hawktalonflame or Night-Owl8? She hasn't been online for over a week, and I'm worried about her.
  11. Nitro Indigo

@myuma No offence, but I'm not interested in that fanfic because the premise seems iffy. (The rest of this comment isn't targeted towards just myuma.) I'm getting burned out on My Little Pony now, and I'm currently interested in alternate universe fanfics, specifically ones with the same...
  12. Nitro Indigo

@Legacy A contest on this site. I've been distant from the Pokémon fandom recently. Anyone know some good fanfics that don't take too long to read?
  13. Nitro Indigo

Twitter and Equestria Daily aren't loading for me at all, and parts of Reddit won't either. Are all these sites down for anyone else, or is my connection just bad?
  14. Nitro Indigo

Is your Bulbagarden account separate from your Bulbapedia account?
  15. Nitro Indigo

How does the site-wide monochrome filter work?
  16. Nitro Indigo

I have writer's block for all of my ongoing fanfics, and I keep writing oneshots.
  17. Nitro Indigo

I'm sick of hearing about it.
  18. Nitro Indigo

Sometimes, I spend too much time thinking too hard about fanfics that I imagine as official products because I want to see something done with characters I'm obsessed with, so I never get around to writing them. Recently, I've considered turning these into original fiction. Have you ever...
  19. Nitro Indigo

I have a rough idea about how my story will end and what plot beats to hit, but I tend to come up with characters as I go along. Years ago, I read a writing advice article which said you should develop the villain just like the hero. Can you name any villains who develop without redeeming...
  20. Nitro Indigo

Do you focus on story or worldbuilding first? Because when I focus on worldbuilding, I have a hard time coming up with a story that fits into it. At the same time, I also have a problem with prioritising plot progression over character development, so I'm making an effort to avoid that.