• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Wispy Willow

Movies/TV What was the last movie you watched?

Went to go see The Greatest Showman since I'm a sucker for movies with musical numbers, and it certianly didn't disapoint. Also, it was a pretty good movie, that too.
  2. Wispy Willow

Y'know, it occoured to me recently that I hadn't actually seen Little Shop of Horrors... So take one guess as to what the last movie I watched was. Indeed, it was The Room the big-screen addaptation on DVD so it's actually a small screen Little Shop of Horrors, and it was certianly a worthwhile...
  3. Wispy Willow

Swiss Army Man, which was... certianly a movie. I'd describe it as 'whimsicly macabre, yet still somehow funny', or something. Also, it was rude I guess. So if you like that sort of thing, then maybe you could watch it I dunno it's up to you after all.
  4. Wispy Willow

Went to go see The MLP Movie in a theatre today *Grumbles about how we here in NZ had to wait a month more the you lot in 'Murica*, and, while it was a fairly standard kid-friendly, Fantasy-Adventure movie with also a couple musical numbers, it was still a well-executed kid-friendly...
  5. Wispy Willow

Went to see the LEGO Ninjago Movie on the basis that it'd be as good as the other LEGO ones, and I wasn't disapointed - put it this way, when movie that can make the Wilhelm scream, a sound effect I really don't like, actually funny, then they're doing something right. Also, it's been a while...
  6. Wispy Willow

I think that was my... third? time watching Wolf Childern, and it's still just as good as when I saw it for the first time.
  7. Wispy Willow

Trolls. It was... Alright. Also there's two instances of a 'squee' sound effect that sounds an awful lot like a similar effect from a certain equine-based cartoon, and there was one point in the movie that reminded me of Return of Harmony Part 2, just saying.
  8. Wispy Willow

If I recall correctly, the last movie I watched was La La Land a week or two ago to see if it was worthy of almost getting that Oscar, and it was... Pretty good. Not 100% my thing, but I still enjoyed it - at the risk of sounding old, it's the kind of movie that they don't really make any more...
  9. Wispy Willow

Went to see the Lege Batman Movie in the cinema yesterday, and I was in love with it before the logos had finished rolling.
  10. Wispy Willow

I recently noticed that a movie called Your Name was playing in some cinemas here and, after waiting until there was a showing decently close and at a reasomable time, I can say that it was indeed worth the wait. It truly is a baautiful movie - both in terms of visuals and storytelling... Though...
  11. Wispy Willow

Well, I went to my local rental shop today and picked up a couple movies, and the first of these I watched is an... interesting piece called $9.99. Needless to say, the wierdness of the title alone instantly grabed my attention, and the actual movie was about as strange as the title. Though...
  12. Wispy Willow

I am aware of that now, but when I first saw it, I thought it was 3D animation made to look like stop motion... for some reason. But hey, stop motion is cool, so that makes it even better or something. Anyway, speaking of, one of the the local tv stations showed a movie made by the same blokes...
  13. Wispy Willow

Kubo and the Two Strings. I like the animation style. Reminds me of stop-motion. Is good.
  14. Wispy Willow

Saw Frozen for the first time yesterday. I give it a 7.5/10. That is all.
  15. Wispy Willow

The Peanuts Movie. It was nice. That is all.
  16. Wispy Willow

Super 8. I quite enjoyed that. Especially the part where
  17. Wispy Willow

Saw the 18th Pokémon movie last weekend. It was alright. That is all.
  18. Wispy Willow

What We Do in the Shadows. Iz gud.
  19. Wispy Willow

re-watching Avatar as I type this and am rather liking it. Also, I'm noticing a similarity in terms of presentation to what I've seen of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Just sayin'.
  20. Wispy Willow

Just re-watched Princess Mononoke. I enjoyed that one as well.