• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. Greninjaman

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I do agree. The world-saving plotline has been used so many times and in so many ways that it's hard to do something new with it.
  2. Greninjaman

I see. Thanks.
  3. Greninjaman

What are roleswaps?
  4. Greninjaman

I agree.
  5. Greninjaman

perhaps an entire group of Pokemon resents humanity.
  6. Greninjaman

Thanks.
  7. Greninjaman

If I were to write a story based on a Pokemon challenge I am doing, do I put in the Writer's Workshop or do I make a thread over in BulbaBlogs?
  8. Greninjaman

I would say, have them talk to Ralts, try to connect with it. Even promise to help it rescue Gardevoir. That tends to work. I have seen examples in the anime where Ash and co would do that.
  9. Greninjaman

Well, what I had in mind --probably should have said this in the first place-- was that the Pokemon does not go into the ball like they do with modern balls. Rather, a beam shoots out and hist the Pokemon, bounding it to the ball. Well, chapter one of my story acually takes place 5,000 years...
  10. Greninjaman

I see your point. Do you have alternatives for a person -5,000 years in the past- going on a journey with Pokemon. The context being that there is an evil person who has the land under his iron fist. The man goes around, defeating his powerful minions, who also use Pokemon. The the person goes...
  11. Greninjaman

I got a question. I am writing a prologue for my Pokemon story. In it, ancient Poke Balls are mentioned and used. How do I justify the existence of them? One idea is that they use special crystals as the core of the ball.
  12. Greninjaman

Sorry. I guess I didn't consider that.
  13. Greninjaman

How would it take little effort?
  14. Greninjaman

Probably working on stuff at the moment.
  15. Greninjaman

Yeah. Sorry.
  16. Greninjaman

What should I avoid when writing a Pokemon journey fanfic (Like, a standard 'collect 8 Badges and challenge the league' journey)?
  17. Greninjaman

That's good! Write them down so you don't forget.
  18. Greninjaman

Not really since you had one in the Capture the Shiny Cosmog thing we did a while back. Plus I know that is like one of your favorite Pokemon. Kalos also makes sense as the region for the story.
  19. Greninjaman

Will it be a standard journey fic or something else?
  20. Greninjaman

Have the bond grow as the journey goes on. Perhaps the first time it happens, it does not last long and the person passes out instantly. By the end, the person can handle the strain of the battle bond.