• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. CrystaI

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Back at the time when I was productive with my fic, it was mostly at places where it has absolute isolation. Note that it is not necessarily alone free of people, but rather completely free of distraction. Most of the time it was in my personal bedroom, but when no one is at home anywhere...
  2. CrystaI

The Fanfic Ground is quite quiet recently. Does anyone still continue writing their fic nowadays? I finally had my Real-Life settled. Within the next weekend I may able to queeze some time for my long halted fic.
  3. CrystaI

Exception is a way of breaking the rules, but just without declaring face-on to the rule-maker "Hey this rule sucks, I'm going to ignore it, and don't dare try to impose that onto me because I'm in a special condition where enforcement of such rule is inhumane, and if you dare to do so then you...
  4. CrystaI

When it comes to writing, I'll present you a "golden maxim" favored by the Americans and Chinese. "FUCK THE RULES! I AM THE RULES!!"
  5. CrystaI

@unrepentantAuthor That is quite a strict review... Though understandable, if one review the show through this lens called "realism" (I mean specifically Real-Life realism). To be fair, if one incorporates Real-Life realism into the review, then not just Code Geass, basically every single...
  6. CrystaI

Why Code Geass is not a pass? I'm the opposite opinion for this. I rewatched 4 times and I still get supreme enjoyment from it. May be it is just me, but I think watching a brainy badass overwhelming his opponent smartly and strategically is much more enjoyable than watching a brainless badass...
  7. CrystaI

You are that remaining 1%.
  8. CrystaI

Everyone's anime watchlist are 99% "old" animes more than 5 year history... No one interested in any new title produced within the recent 5 years?
  9. CrystaI

Curiosity out of the blue. Can we the fanfic writer deemed ourselves criminals, for breaking the copyright law of using a company's intellectual property without the said company's permission?
  10. CrystaI

End of the month. I received my salary. But I'm not satisfying. It is not job problem. Actually I like my job. But I don't have anything specific I want to buy or to spend on. 70% of my salary accumulates in my bank account. I have the cash, but I feel very poor, mentally speaking.
  11. CrystaI

The two protagonists of my current project were the protagonists of my previous unfinished project. To be fair, that one was not "unfinished" because I still want to work on it. I just don't have the time. Oh, this "I don't have time" excuse, how many times had I used it? I feel like I already...
  12. CrystaI

Lucky you! Invite all of us for a home party.
  13. CrystaI

I agree it is exhausting. But that is just what I'm contemplating. I won't give up until I found myself a place if not call home than at least "somewhere you can live a respectable life", because living in: - A private dormitory housed about 40 people from all over the world, well...
  14. CrystaI

Didn't come to this forum for more than a month. I guess close to 3 months now...? Though I don't expect anyone here to remember me, but still come to say hi. Moved to Japan for 4 months now, still unable to settle down in a fixed accommodation. I already moved 3 times in this short period of...
  15. CrystaI

Biology and zoology seems more fitted for that.
  16. CrystaI

But the problem is, all the academic English teachers in schools and colleges will enforce such politically "correct" English rules to every students they teach, regardless of time, place and occasion. How funny it will be in the conversational situation of English teacher VS novel...
  17. CrystaI

How many people will care about grammar when they are speaking? There came an English language teacher in my workplace, and I was told my grammar need more polishing, handed me a textbook that teaches all those formal Oxford English...... If it is in writing where words are jotted in black and...
  18. CrystaI

Good News: I'm employed! As a full-time Japanese-English translator in a clinical research company!!! Bad News: And there goes away my precious time for my hobbies...... I guess my fic is just destined to never finish.
  19. CrystaI

Not the "lemon" in Japanese pop culture definition......
  20. CrystaI

When you are playing Dungeon RPG, it is not like battle between enemy is the main point. Traps and hunger are enough to take your life. Try Chocobo Dungeon series or Fuurai no Shiren Dungeon series. Your characters won't evolve. So you are only going to rely on your stats and weapon when...