• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. prog rocker

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

She should have been released yesterday, since Smashwiki has all info on her already. Now that I think about it, I feel like I wouldn't like using Min Min. The stretchy she is reminds me of Dhalsim. Thankfully, she's not as slow as him.
  2. prog rocker

I wanted someone from Tekken, but I doubt it now. Or from SoulCalibur.
  3. prog rocker

Both are working with Smash, though.
  4. prog rocker

I don't know, considering the amount of DLC that both Street Fighter and Tekken have, I feel this might not be the end.
  5. prog rocker

By the way, to those wanting a Xenoblade character, there's still hope. Neither Xenoblade* nor ARMS got any reps at first because Sakurai saw them too late, and could only include them via Mii costumes. *I meant a new Xenoblade character, I didn't forget about Shulk. Did they mention anything...
  6. prog rocker

You also called correctly why Spring Man was excluded.
  7. prog rocker

Why do they keep teasing me with Heihachi? Also, is that a Vault Boy costume? That's an unexpected pick.
  8. prog rocker

@A Wild Luxray got it right.
  9. prog rocker

You're saying exactly what I thought about Ryu being leaked for Smash. I clinged to the hope that it was going to be Ryu from Breath of Fire, but no, it was Mr. Crossover himself. Yes, but that would be the third fire starter in the game, which is something tiring for me.
  10. prog rocker

Didn't it turn into a octopus now and drag you off-screen? If so, I guess it was a consequence of them removing transformation FSs.
  11. prog rocker

Well, Bulbasaur was not considered at all if I recall correctly (the one that was considered-but-cut was Blastoise). They chose Ivysaur because they wanted a fast but weak fighter (Squirtle), a medium one (Ivysaur) and a strong but slow one (Charizard). At least that's what I gather from...
  12. prog rocker

Another missed opportunity, this time for Smash. In fact, before Greninja's reveal I thought that was going to be the Gen VI rep. Oh well...
  13. prog rocker

In my opinion, it was the better choice. Also, Decidueye already has Pokken, which was a pretty big missed opportunity for using Incineroar.
  14. prog rocker

I guess do you visit Legends of Localization, too, right? Because I remember that Mato did an article on reactions on Little Mac. On-Topic: Also, they have rejected at least one or two characters because they were not known enough outside Japan (and possibly not even there): Takamaru from "The...
  15. prog rocker

Not exactly, considering how the people in Japan reacted to Banjo in the same people in the west reacted to Hero ("Banjo who?"). In fact, a commenter pointed out that both of them being revealed at the same time might have been done to please both sides.
  16. prog rocker

As far as I know, all of them are popular (except possibly Ivysaur due to being a middle evolution), otherwise they wouldn't be in the game. Remember that they did talks, but nothing came out of them, so don't hold your breath.
  17. prog rocker

Thank you. Yes, I meant her, although I don't much about ARMS so you might be right.
  18. prog rocker

Wasn't that one girl whose name I don't remember the other likely candidate? It wouldn't be that weird to me, considering that in the Capcom crossovers they decided to add Morrigan in almost every single one instead of the supposed protagonist of Darkstalkers, Donovan* (who outside of cameos is...
  19. prog rocker

There's also the fact if they don't, aside from having to cheapen the price of the pack, I don't see a Doom stage using the miscellaneous Nintendo music. Can you imagine fighting in hell with Style Savvy's theme playing in the background?
  20. prog rocker

I don't think they would add a character from a new series without music at all (and it would be a massive rip-off). Also, like @Tactician Karina mentioned and I linked, the negotiations went nowhere and the season 2 pass has all the characters picked already.