• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. BackSet

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'll admit, I only watched till season 7. Everything after that I have no opinion of.
  2. BackSet

We live in a world of reboots and remakes, unfortunately. Companies will snatch up whatever properties they can get their hands on and rebbot/remake them because those'll sell. Sometimes you get some good stuff like the first three or four seasons of Voltron: Legendary Defender or the entirety...
  3. BackSet

If you feel the emotions that your characters are feeling that means you're doing a good job. I think.
  4. BackSet

Generally, if I have more than three breaks I split it. If I don't have any breaks I just split it when it feels right.
  5. BackSet

What is this "life" you speak of? I'm kidding, but yeah that sounds annoying. On the bright side, at least you know that your fic has fans.
  6. BackSet

All it requires is getting drunk and creating a self insert. After that it writes itself.
  7. BackSet

Constantly switch between stories until I drive myself insane and give up. Then I start the process all over again.
  8. BackSet

Damn. I've been having troubles again and am in need of help. For the past few days I've been saying to myself "this is the final draft of this chapter. Once I finish it I will go through it for spelling errors and then post it before my perfectionist side gets the better of me and deletes it...
  9. BackSet

Besides not making the main character win at everything without breaking a sweat, nothing comes to mind.
  10. BackSet

It looks like a really long Pauldron. Like the one the sandtrooper in charge wears in A New Hope. Alternatively, it's just a cape.
  11. BackSet

I thought view count was just the number of times your thread has been viewed, not how many people viewed it.
  12. BackSet

I hope they keep the monochrome filter as an option. It's actually kind of neat.
  13. BackSet

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKPK6c0mKE0 (Had to be done)
  14. BackSet

I hate April Fools.
  15. BackSet

And that's why I'm just recruiting all the Black Eagles. Golden Deer play off each other well but alone they're bland. Also, I'm getting a little bit of writing done. Yay.
  16. BackSet

While I don't have writers block for my ongoing fic I'm putting it on hold so that I can actually finish Fire Emblem: Three Houses instead of writing just based on Crimson Flower and brief snippets of spoilers.
  17. BackSet

Ugh. I'm having focus issues. I keep switching from writing one thing to another thing. Within the same story no less. I'll be writing one chapter and say "nah this isn't working" and go to another chapter etc etc. Any advice for that?
  18. BackSet

You and me both.
  19. BackSet

I'm not really sure if this really counts as a writing question but I need advice and since it's about a story I'm writing. Anyway, so the long story short of the matter is that one character is teaching three other characters about teamwork. The way she does this is that she challenges them to...
  20. BackSet

I improv maybe too much.