• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. LightningTopaz

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

An RPG seems like the logical choice--a Mario-esque platformer or a Zelda-esque adventure game could also work.
  2. LightningTopaz

It may be interesting to stick him in Ash's role--what would he do differently if he were in Ash's position?
  3. LightningTopaz

Writing every arc in order in one long monstrous thread is an epic project. It may be easier if you break it up into the different arcs of the show with aspects from the games. Blending the games into the show (in my eyes), solves many of the show's problems by keeping the teams manageable (by...
  4. LightningTopaz

Oh wow, that hat boy trapesing through the house with his pals has been doing this for 20 years? He's clearly more of a threat than we thought... Oh, and be nice to the grunts..or else!
  5. LightningTopaz

That's fair--we'll get new info soon enough
  6. LightningTopaz

Maybe some new Pokemon Sun and Moon info?
  7. LightningTopaz

I'm not sure what you mean...are those trademarks actually real?
  8. LightningTopaz

I am gonna sit this one out as a nominee and focus on judging
  9. LightningTopaz

I actually checked the site out--looked legit, but didn't post anything there just in case
  10. LightningTopaz

Being in the Southern US, writing in that distinct drawl comes naturally (but I usually save it for when the gang is playing cowboys) I've been lucky enough to hear several different versions of this dialect, so I will second what someone said earlier--if you want your dialect scenes to sound...
  11. LightningTopaz

White stucco walls, grayish-blue carpets, and white stucco ceilings. Some lovely teal curtains on the window, and some green curtains in the main room. A lovely brown door leading into my hideout--er, room.
  12. LightningTopaz

Longest thing I've ever written and completed was 14 pages--that took me the better part of an afternoon to write.
  13. LightningTopaz

I personally do not care for shipping. That said, I may have favored parings, or follow whatever the "official" pairings are, but that doesn't mean that pairing is the be-all end all.
  14. LightningTopaz

Wow--keep'em coming, guys!
  15. LightningTopaz

"Through Sapphire Skies has been horribly stuck for a while now, all because I have no idea how to approach a chase scene
  16. LightningTopaz

So I'm at the point in "Through Sapphire Skies" where you chase down the Aqua that steals the Devon Parts and Poke-naps Peeko. I'm thinking of expanding this scene to a full blown chase scene, but don't know where to begin. So, have you written a chase scene? How did you or would you go about...
  17. LightningTopaz

I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to dig it up and look at it
  18. LightningTopaz

His name is Prospero, for the record. ::has a Complete Works of Shakespeare, which I affectionately call "the brick":: My favorite Shakespearian memory was watching a movie version of The Tempest with a good friend of mine, complete with popcorn
  19. LightningTopaz

I personally like Espeon, but Vaporeon and Sylveon are cute as well
  20. LightningTopaz

I'd love it if someone could draw the classic Trio around a campfire as Brock tells a story