• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Search results

1. I

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Only at ignition or all the time? The first reminds me of a multi strap that could needs replacement badly. I'm unsure if the term "multi strap" is the right word for it, though. Perhaps "multi belt" is better.
  2. I

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Maybe paying for the new windscreen yourself is cheaper?
  3. I

It's just Niantic on another round of Kanto spamming. Mewtwo's now available in level 5 raids, too.
  4. I

Oh, a death metal Sentret. :cool:
  5. I

Oh, my fullest sympathy to you! I was about to prattle on about Git and pair programming (two really great things!) like a broken record in hopes of lending some aid but it seems those would miss the actual issue. For what it's worth, you could take the words of the senior Java developer of my...
  6. I

Well, get packing you cat. :p Me, I have to wait until 23 November until I can move into my (first) new house. A rather good thing, because I've got a ton of things to do before I can move back to Holland.
  7. I

Maybe you're haunted by a ghost writer? :LOL:
  8. I

Unless you use MS Word. I generated 14.788 words of lorem ipsum, which take up 52Kb in the .odt format and 99Kb in the .docx format (.txt is just as large!). That's about 284 words for 1Kb for the .odt format, which means 11Gb of words is roughly 63 million words.
  9. I

Well, that's part of the craft. A craft I bloody well need to get back into. I bought a house this morning (my first) so that would free up time for writing. And trying not to read too many Garfield comics. Question for those who care to answer = Is there a particular term for a concrete wall...
  10. I

!emocleW I mean, welcome! You have a bird as avatar so you'll fit right in. (Right dp?) If you're looking for help, I'd suggest to search around and if you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to open a new topic about it.
  11. I

And the Netherlands? Never change a winning team, just connect your own. Of course that 4kg keyboard of mine isn't exactly portable. But it types like nothing else on the planet. The key configuration is stored on the controller card so its used on whatever device you connect it to, including...
  12. I

Say what?! :eek: Well, there's a huge need for java developers here (NL). But that's quite a commute for you. What IT job would you prefer anyway?
  13. I

There isn't a simple universal answer to that question because it depends on what you want in a laptop and what your budget is. Nowadays you have the lower end consumer laptops (cheap with low specs), business laptops (better build quality and cooling), hybrid tablet/laptops, and gaming laptops...
  14. I

I had to switch to a boring laptop since my PC rig produces too much heat. But once I got my own appartment (I'll be checking out two this Friday) I'm seriously thinking it bringing it over and give it fresh innards. Nothing more awesome than hearing 12 ventilators humming in content. I still...
  15. I

That's one nice bird cage! All for one bird?
  16. I

Ok, that's definately an inciting event. I like it because it doesn't sound like there's an (attractive) alternative to stay. Pacing, hmm, what I do about pacing is to keep events with minimal to no story value as small as possible (or just omit them). My common sense starts tickling when...
  17. I

- Habitat under attack? - Loved one that goes missing? - Lost a bet? - Curiousity? - A feeling of not belonging in the society it was born into? I don't see how this is a reason for Estelle to leave the forest, it sounds like a perfect good excuse not to leave the forest.
  18. I

I find nothing more infuriating then to publish some chapters, thinking them done, only to find minor and ugly flaws when you read it for a zillionth time. Bah.
  19. I

Good to hear! It's sometimes difficult to suitably reply to such sensitive events, hence people may opt for silence, lest a well-meant message is received ill. And great fortune upon thy efforts!
  20. I

Anyone else feel bloody nervous right after you release something you've been working on for a too long time? I am. In celebration of Two Perfect Coward's debut, I'll put on a certain Iced Earth song.