• ME faces off against the Champion of Sinnoh. Watch here as his Sinnoh Pokemon League Challenge comes to a close.

Search results

1. J

Bulbapedia Critical Hits?

Caps at 50% I believe. Although I'm not sure if this is the same for Gen 5. And I don't recall any priority move ever having a high critical hit rate.
  2. J

Does GameFreak keep running themselves into a corner?

Rather, the main point is that GF keeps introducing things like these for no other purpose than to cater to making certain Pokemon more 'unique'. It really doesn't matter if Magneton evolved from kooky magnetic fields or attaching a magnet to it or by making it especially angry or whatever's...
  3. J

Yes, but no because Skymin and Gracidea was a central part of a Pokemon movie. Therefore, it is special and unique and we must keep it that way by making it annoying and hard to get it to transform, just like in the movie (even though the freezing part wasn't included in the movie, we'll throw...
  4. J

No. The variety of status moves adds depth to the gameplay. They keep battles from becoming too much of a stale turn-based elemental rock-paper-scissors. Pokemon isn't always about vanilla attack and destroy. If the status movepool was to be 'refined' like you described, I'd personally be...
  5. J

A grey area of pokemon legitimacy

From what I hear, people like to ascribe a certain 'purity' to 'legit' Pokemon. Purity from the use of any tools or methods not coded into the game to obtain Pokemon. Even item hacking disqualifies a Pokemon from legitimacy. Therefore, such Pokemon as the one you described above would definitely...
  6. J

Walk Through Walls-caused glitches

Route 224 again...? I wonder why it's always a favourite for this discussion. Personally, I don't remember finding any out-of-reach Pearls there.
  7. J

Walk Through Walls-caused glitches

If you're using said cheat on Black & White, take heed because NPCs scripted to walk along a set path will also 'walk through' the limits of their path, then through any obstacles standing in their way and then... towards infinity and beyond. This only happens if the NPCs are in the vicinity...
  8. J

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Your Attack and Defense stats. Self-inflicted confusion damage is calculated as though it was a physical 40BP typeless attack. That's why Swagger sharply raises the target's Attack - so your enemy hurts itself more when it's confused.
  9. J

As far as legitimate means go, it is a no because Dragon Dance is an Egg Move for Salamence and the Move Relearner only teaches level-up moves. Do Heal Bell and Aromatherapy heal volatile status problems?
  10. J

What is the Nature of your Golem? I did the step-by-step calculation and got the same result. So yes, your SID would be between 03008 to 03015, assuming that the PID is correct.
  11. J

According to CardsOfTheHeart's calculator, a Lv50 Zapdos with 0 EVs in Speed, 6/7 IVs in Speed and a +Speed nature will have a speed stat of 118. Same with Veekun. OmegaDonut's IV chart also gives the same results. There might have been an problem with how you 'found out' your Zapdos's IVs...
  12. J

IV calculators are not always perfect. Which calculator did you use?
  13. J

The Generation V Speculation Thread

They don't really have to do much. Battling is and has always been, fairly interesting. I kind of liked the addition of new Pokemon for every generation not because I could catch more, but because it evened out the playing field somewhat. Game Freak has made major changes to the battling...
  14. J

Heart Gold & Soul Silver Movest Alterations

Just goes to show. Garchomp doesn't need another powerful attack anyway.
  15. J

Now that you mention it... I must have missed the part about TIDs and SIDs under that section.
  16. J

Heart Gold & Soul Silver Movest Alterations

Notable ones:
  17. J

Use the trade forums to find someone who can find out your SID (via AR or save editing) for you if you don't mind.
  18. J

Does Bug Bite's/Pluck's Berry-stealing effect hit through Subs? If you're patient enough, have parents with your desired IVs (get those from the trade forums) and actually know your SID, that is. I can't explain better than this article can. It's an entirely legitimate way of obtaining your...
  19. J

Does the Serene Grace boost stack with items?
  20. J

Does Soul Dew have any effect in the Battle Frontier/Tower?