Search results

1. ShinyFlareon

Starter discussion/speculation

These are all so adorable oh my goodness. I think Rowlet is my favorite, but I really do love them all!
  2. ShinyFlareon

POPULAR: Plot Bunny Zoo

@Beth Pavell I would be following the basics of the stories in the game, but I like to think I do an okay job of taking an established story and making it my own - Heart of Crystal basically was what you describe, a journeyfic that followed the basic plot of the game, but with the added elements...
  3. ShinyFlareon

@AceTrainer14 Whoops. Should've figured that'd go here, sorry. I forgot that kind of thing isn't for the general chat anymore.
  4. ShinyFlareon

All right, I'm still undecided, so I guess I'll just ask directly: what game would you guys rather see a nuzlocke fic of, Platinum or Black (/potentially sequel with B2)? Pros of Platinum: - good story - threatening villains - decent amount of pokémon variety - a good balance of potential for...
  5. ShinyFlareon

Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion speculation

Zeus=Jupiter=Jasper, Juno is Jasper's (Jupiter's) wife. At least in this imagining. Also, Eris is the goddess of discord and chaos. Among other things, she's the one who inscribed a Golden Apple with "For the fairest" and tossed it to a bunch of goddesses just to watch them bicker and fight...
  6. ShinyFlareon

I was gonna give Juno Dark types, but then the suggestion of having the admins of the evil team be dwarf planets came up and having Eris be one of them, and...well, Dark types just fit her better.
  7. ShinyFlareon

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Like I said, it's just my personal feelings on the region. The narratives of Kanto and Johto, to me, felt more cohesive - but others might not feel the same, and that's cool. It just dissuades me from doing too much with Hoenn in my own writing.
  8. ShinyFlareon

To each their own. I'm not saying that Hoenn is a bad region, just that I find it dull. The individual towns don't have much going on with them, and they all feel disjointed - hence, the region as a whole felt like it had too many things going on, and none of them were really explored very...
  9. ShinyFlareon

This is actually what I came up with. Tagging @Evil Figment and @Kogoro because they were instrumental in coming up with some of these ideas Leaders Marcy - A racing enthusiast with a passion for speed, she pulls double-duty as founder of the region’s famously efficient postal service. An...
  10. ShinyFlareon

It's not really the gimmicky nature of the towns that make Hoenn boring to me - well, not just them, anyway. I just...find the region overall to be rather dull. Lavaridge Town is probably my favorite city there, and there's really not much to it beside the gym. Plus, the story of Hoenn has way...
  11. ShinyFlareon

Team Skull Speculation

I came across the idea of the gym leaders of the region being based on the 8 planets, with the leader of the evil team being based on Pluto - a rejected/renounced gym leader out for revenge to regain his status. I really like this idea, and I think it would be a fresh direction for the series to...
  12. ShinyFlareon

Heart of Crystal is pretty well dead, but Arceus preserve me, I kind of want to start up another nuzlocke fic. I have no idea what region to do, though. I know Kanto very well, but Kanto is really overdone and that could come around to bite me in the ass since I'd get so far ahead of myself in...
  13. ShinyFlareon

I wouldn't even call it entirely negative though. Every season is some kids' first, so while we have the benefit of 20 years of episodes to look back on, we do have to remember that we're really not the target audience. Just because we learned the same lessons first doesn't mean the kids just...
  14. ShinyFlareon

I think that having him rotate out the rest of his team besides Pikachu is a pretty good solution. It gives the show an opportunity to promote the new gen pokes, and gives Ash an excuse to actually struggle a little. Pikachu doesn't have that great HP or Defense, I usually write off early-region...
  15. ShinyFlareon

But at the level he would be at, he should pretty much only be facing off against legendaries by this point. I'm all for more consistency, but not if it means that the show turns into "Ash sends Pikachu out, he automatically wins."
  16. ShinyFlareon

Legitimate question, how exactly would it be more entertaining if Ash and Pikachu just steamrolled their way through gym after gym and region after region?
  17. ShinyFlareon

5th ed is amazeballs. It took everything that was good about 3.5 and 4th ed, then trimmed the fat WAY down and streamlined it all into something that didn't require a PhD and a magnifying glass just for the front page of the character sheet. I liked Pathfinder back when I played it, but...
  18. ShinyFlareon

Jiminy goshdang Christmas, is has been FOREVER since I logged onto the forums. Everything's so different, I feel like a time traveler. Glad to see this place is still around though. So, what's arisen from the heat death of the universe that's inevitably happened since the last time I was here?
  19. ShinyFlareon

HA Tyrunt giveaway

Can do. My info's in my sig. What's your FC, and could you name him Joffrey?